How Many Of You Use A Hair Clipper?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Ray1 • Oct 22, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When I came to Australia and had my first haircut I found it too costly compared to what I was used to back in my country India. It was almost 20 times costlier. So what I did, I bought a hair clipper for A$30. That covered its cost within 2 months. Does any of you cut your own hair or go to salon or barber's shop?

2. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I am in India and so I can afford hair stylist to attend to my hair. In fact they come home and do the job for me, including pedicure. That is the plus point of India - personal service.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have often thought about buying a hair clipper, however, I have not bought it yet because I don't know whether I can give a proper hair cut to myself. Hair cutting is becoming costlier here even though I trim my hair once a month. When I run out of money, I invite a friend to cut my hair. I return the favor when ever the friend wants a hair cut.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I am in India and I rarely cut my hair so I don't have a problem with spending money when it was only a few times. Plus I don't dye or style my hair so it doesn't cost me much. I a surprised that it cost you that much for a haircut in Australia. I think in that situation owning a hair clipper is a smart idea which saves money.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    My dad has always cut his own hair and also cut my brothers hair aswell. My mom learned to cut her own hair and taught me how to so I cut my own hair too. We do save a good amount on cutting our own hair and we use regular scissors to do it. It is not too pricey here to be honest but a little savings sometimes come along way.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I also started to cut my own hair a couple of yrs. ago because I want to save money, and I've been doing it ever since 2012. My hair is just shoulder length, so it's quite easy to cut it on your own, and I do it every 4 mos.

7. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I think cutting your hair is a more cost efficient way to get a haircut. I only have one clipper but it get the job done for me. All you really need is a couple of mirrors to make sure you are cutting off at the right places and then you are done. Might not be as good as a professional but might be good enough.

8. LesY

LesYMember

Threads:
    Yes, I first started as a kid, but now as an adult I do it all the time. The only occasions when I go to get my hair done by a hair stylist is when I have a really important meeting or event and I want to avoid any possible mistake. One good thing is hair grows back fast so I don't mind playing with my haircuts, last year I cut 30 cm off and it was completely worth it.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am not into the cutting my own hair thing. I can't trust the idea of using mirrors to aid the cutting job. I fear that I might spoil the hair style and if it happens, I would end up having to utilize the professional's services anyway. There are some things that I may be able to save on the cost for by doing the task by myself. However, saving on cost does not have to involve all tasks and I believe that some should be left to the professional's.

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a clipper (don't have the need for one), but I do make my own hair at home. It is so much more cost effective and it saves me time. Great hairdressers are few in the area where I reside. You have to drive out some good kilometres to get to one. So over the years, I have gradually created a home system that works for me. I do go to the hairdressers, maybe once in two months or so.

11. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use a hair clipper. The haircut in a salon here in the Philippines is very cheap! We can get a haircut for only a dollar. I don't like the idea of cutting my own hair that's why I always go to the salon whenever I need to cut my hair.

12. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I really love my hair and want to look them really beautiful and this is why I don't prefer cutting from everybody. I am so concern about my hair.

would be cheaper now.