How many perfume bottles do you own?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by isabbbela • Jun 3, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi guys!
    So this post is purely a curiosity from mine.
    I have always had several bottles of perfume at once. My family has always been big on travelling and bringing back perfume as a trip gift. So I have always had at least 4 or 5 perfumes at once. And always big brand perfumes like Gucci, Versace, Chanel, and so forth.
    Right now I currently have 3 perfumes opened at home - one by Gucci, one Marc Jacobs and one by Lanvin. At my mom's home I have a Diesel one opened that I leave there for when I go back there. So that is a total of 4 perfume bottles opened and in use! I find that to be a lot because I don't use up that much perfume, so they tend to go bad before I get to use the entire bottle. So I always try to own the smaller bottles of each for that not to happen.
    I would like to know from you, how many perfume bottles do you own right now?

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Currently I have about ten, I quite a few more but recently purged my collection. It's unfortunate because I tend to like unique, niche expensive perfumes but I had too many and they were going bad and taking up too much space so I just tossed quite a few of them. For having so many bottles of perfume I don't wear it often so it is rather wasteful.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I like to have 2-3 at a time. I don't like it when I only use 1 perfume for a long period of time because I can't even smell it anymore. My nose gets so used to it that it feels like I'm not wearing any perfume anymore. 2-3 is good because if you have too much as well and you don't consume it after a while, it can get old and the smell won't be as nice as before.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I own only one, because I only maintain and use one perfume. I don't like changing my smell. My friends and relatives give me perfumes and when they do and if it were not my perfume, the one that I use, I accept them but I give them away. I am not going to use them, and stashing I find impractical. Besides, there are surely other people, my friends or my other relatives will like the perfumes that have been given to me. Sometimes if the perfume is expensive, I sell them for cheaper than the original price.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't own any perfume bottles. I used to be a big perfume user. Now, I can barely tolerate the smell of perfume. My sense of smell has somehow been enhanced. I do miss all the fancy perfume and atomizer bottles. One of my sisters has a big collection.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't wear perfume but I love the bottles. I have 3 empty bottles that I use as decoration. I have a thing for pretty bottles.

Most perfume's make me sick of the stomach. They can smell good for awhile then start to make me sick or give me a headache. Other peoples perfume can also make me sick of the stomach if it is too much.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I actually had to turn around and look to see how many perfumes I have! Haha. I have 5 different bottles, two samples, an a plastic bottle of some shitty body mist. The body mist was supposed to be "Toasted Vanilla Sugar" but instead it smells like someone poured dollar store vanilla extract on a piece of plastic, and then set it on fire. It's bad. Oh, it's by "Bodycology" by the way.

The samples I have are "Victoria's Secret Angel: GOLD" and "Lady Gaga's Fame". The "GOLD" smells very nice, but weirdly enough, it seems to mature and fancy for me? Which is a weird way to feel about a scent, but eh. "Fame" is actually not bad smelling? It's a heavier, more musk like scent? It's a nice scent, but put it on very lightly! This one can over power your senses if you put a lot on.

The bottles I have are, "Viva La Juicy" (it's the tiniest bottle in the world, oh my god) by Juicy Couture, "HYPER" by War Paint (WHICH WENT OUT OF BUSINESS, WHICH SUCKS BECAUSE THAT'S MY FAVORITE PERFUME), "Angel" by Victoria's Secret (it's the body mist, but it smells just the same as the perfume. Except that it's cheaper, haha), "PINK with a Splash: Fruity and Bright" by Victoria's Secret (another body mist) and a rollerball of "Nectar" perfume oil by Rochelle Rose. I love ALL of these scents, and after looking at them, I noticed that I lean much more towards light and fruity scents. I've only been using "Angel" lately, and only when I go out. I don't wear it to work, because since I sit in a tiny work for a little before going it, I was get covered in bugs if I wore my perfume.

8. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I don't own any either. I can't stand the smell of artificial perfumes. I have a very sensitive nose, and prefer 'natural' smells. Sure, some of those even can blow me over, such as honeysuckle, and jasmine. They are especially strong. But mostly natural smells don't give me a headache or make me sick to my stomach like perfume smells do. I work with essential oils, and almost always have a scent 'going' in the diffuser, or some other format. So I really love smells, but perfume smells, and bottles, no. Now, if you were to ask me how many essential oil bottles I have, well now that is another story, :) I also can't stand or be around those overpowering smells of the glade stuff. Whoa, they are intense and especially make me sick. I also like many kinds of incense but some of those can be sickening too if they are too sweet.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ruth B I am glad to see I am not alone with the sensitive nose. Some odors just set me off. I was visiting my aunt in a senior building once there was something in the carpet that set me off, I started coughing, I could feel my throat closing up, my head started to hurt and my eyes started to swell, all of that from a smell in the room that no one else smelled.

When I do smell something I like I will sick with it for a long time. My deordant is scent free, my soap is scent free also. Laundry soap is ordor less.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own 3 perfume bottles right now, and 2 are not being used since the 1st one isn't used up yet. They were all just given to me by my cousins who came back from abroad. I'm not really a fan of perfumes, so I don't really buy them, since I think I can buy a lot more better things than just spending it on perfumes. Besides, the original ones can be quite expensive.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like natural perfumes, such as essential oils and dried herbs and flowers in powder form. The big brand names and scents don't appeal to me, although I really like the creative design of their bottles. :)
    I have a whole cabinet filled with all kinds of olfactory delights in my bathroom. I especially adore sandalwood, patchouli and rosewood and like to make my own perfume blend according to the mood I am in. I would say I have about 15-20 little vials here.

#11Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  12. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Most original perfumes don't go "bad" at least in my experience. I have a Giorgio perfume given to me by my mom when I was still single and since I'm not really into perfumes (I prefer colognes) I had it for many years and still smells/works fine even after more than a decade. My teenage son love the smell and he was actually the one who emptied it.

Anyway, to answer your question.. I have around 7 perfumes all gifts from friends and relatives. :)