How many snacks a day do you consume?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Sweetkymom • Nov 8, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Snacks are vitally important in our daily diets so I was wondering, just how many snacks a day do you have? Do you have a regular full or light snack each time? I usually consume about 6 snacks a day. They are light snacks such as a yogurt, hand full of cashews or maybe an Apple. I'm always out and about so regular full meals are down to once a day so the snacks before then keep me going. Peanuts are a good fill you up snack

2. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Hi @Sweetkymom,In a day, I have about one to three snacks, each time I snack, I would eat something like a fruit or a natural bar or biscuit, I eat yogurt too but apples! lol, man, I will eat about six apples a day. When I go to the movies, I snack too, and I go to the movies quite a lot so that's another set of snacking. In all of this, healthy snacking is the best route and I try to stay on that route as much as possible.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, for one thing I tend to go for smaller meals spread more evenly throughout the day...4-5 very small meals depending on the day and my appetite and what all I'm doing; so keeping that in mind I usually only have one additional snack. Something with protein most of the time.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, peanuts are actually high in fat, so they're often not a great snack option. I eat three or four full meals per day, so I'm not much of a snack person. I do enjoy the occasional treat, though, whether it's full of sugar or not. I'd rather have mid-sized meals throughout the day to keep my energy up and keep on adding a little healthy weight whenever possible.

5. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I love to eat snacks in between meals. All in all I think I snack at least 6 times a day, more if some would happen to bring some food in the house. But as much as possible, I only eat healthy snacks like biscuits and fruits especially for my evening snack after my night jogging. :D

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I am really a big snack eater and have always been. We literally are stocked piled on some white cheddar popcorn and Oreo's. Though, I love to eat a few granola bars and bananas for a snack.

7. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Only two. I think that having six is too many! Well I guess my metabolism is slow or that I don't have that much time to squeeze in snacks. I am always too busy at work and at home. :( It would be nice to have more though.

8. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    Usually, I don't snack on anything. This is mainly because I can't afford to have snacks in the house. However, I do occasionally treat myself. Things I do snack on are cheese, crisps and chocolate. Basically, anything that is unhealthy will do me fine for a snack!

9. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I usually have 2 snacks. it is important to regulate one's metabolism and also so I can avoid eating too much during the main course meal. Also, I eat only when I am hungry.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have a regular snacking schedule so I more or less just buy snacks whenever I'm in the mood. Sometimes I'll binge on a few small packs of chips in one sitting especially if I'm watching a show but that's abut it. Most of the time if I'm hungry for a snack I'd just fix myself a sandwich or make myself some instant ramen.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a snack person myself. Only when I'm watching a movie or something will think about snacks. But even then, it's always peanuts which I . . . eat. Because of my active life-style though I never have to worry about gaining weight.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I have an eating schedule where I eat 6 times a day, and three of those are snacks. Usually I eat things like yogurt or some kind of fruit as a snack. One thing that works really well to satiate your hunger is peanut butter though, when I need a quick pick-me-up I always eat a spoonful of peanut butter. I prefer the crunchy peanut butter as a snack, but the regular one works just as well.

13. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I have about 2-3 small snacks, but I avoid junk food like potato chips or cookies, those are loaded with sugar/salt/oil and are not good for you in excess. I tend to have some nuts instead, or a small slice of cheese, or an apple, these healthier alternatives taste great as well while sating your hunger pangs.

14. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a snacker! I usually have at least two to three snacks and sometimes six if I need a break from work or to clear my head. I don't mind snacking as I am quite controlled and if I do snack I make sure I have at least two good meals a day. I snack on chips, cookies, rice cakes and oat cakes. Sometimes cakes and pastries too or a muffin or doughnut.

15. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I try not to snack. Generally I will only have one, if I have any at all. If I snack I tend to gain weight because I will have eaten more by the end of the day. I have tried cutting back at the meals to make room for the snacks, but it doesn't work. Snacking just isn't something that works for my body. If I do have a snack, it's usually something like 4 hazelnuts or a few rice crackers.

16. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't snack on a regular schedule but I need a bite of something here and there throughout the day to keep my blood sugar from getting too low. A few grapes, raisins, some cheese or yogurt, celery/carrots, and things like that. I have been known to grab a cookie too, but that's not a good choice. Peanut butter on a cracker or a slice of turkey are other items I might nibble during the day. I usually only eat one "meal" and that's at dinner. The rest of the day, is usually small snacks.