How many times a year do you shop for clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Dec 29, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Before I became fiscally conscious, I shopped on a whim. Now, I only buy clothes twice a year and during off seasons. It's the only way I've found to save a lot of money in this area.

So, how many times a year do you go clothes shopping?

2. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    Well it depends on the ocassion but usually I shop for clothes three to four times per year. If my financial state improves in the fiture I might do it more often since I love shopping clothes with my friends.

3. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I like to shop monthly, I have growing teenagers and they need new clothes pretty often. I find that by shopping so frequently I tend to spend less of the trips and average out about the same as if I shopped only a couple times a year. It also let's them keep up with the changing styles and we enjoy shopping so that is a plus!

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once a year is enough for me. I'm the sort of person who likes to do his shopping once and forget about it because I don't like shopping. If I buy clothes say in July, I'm sure I can do without buying clothes till the next season after all I'm not into fashion and stuff.

5. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shop for clothes three times a year, which often during the holidays. I don't usually shop for clothes on a regular basis because every time I shop for clothes, I would spend probably about 200 to 300 dollars so I don't have to worry about buying new clothes for like another 3 to 4 months or so. Plus, I can spend all day browsing clothes, but there aren't many deals out there, so I have to go for the deals, which happens to be during the holiday season.

6. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    There is no specific amount that I shop for clothes. I never buy a whole wardrobe at once. I just buy a few new outfits here and there. It could be as often as several times a month or as little as once a year. I work from home, so I don't really go anywhere often, so I don't need to shop for clothes often. I have a lot of clothes because I haven't grown over the years. I buy new clothing when a clothing item gets worn out or when I see something that really catches my eye.

7. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    How many times a year I shop for clothes can vary. It varies mostly on my financial situation. If I have a lot of other bills to pay then buying material things will be placed on the back burner. If a special occasion pops up than I will shop for that occasion but usually look for really good deals. Over the years when I've really been on a budget, I find myself going to thrift stores or discount stores multiple times a year. I guess in the end it just all depends.

8. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    It is not fixed. Some times i buy clothes 4 times in a year and some times i buy 2 or 1 times in the year. it depends on the occasion and my need.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a certain number of times that I buy clothes to myself. Usually I go shop clothes for my kids of with my wife and I end buying something for me, but I have to say that it is pretty rare. Possibly I buy something every two months, mainly jeans, T-shirts or tennis shoes, that's what I buy the most.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The major malls over here hold a sale twice a year, excluding the holiday and clearance sales, so that's the time that I usually buy clothes, since the discount can be as big as 50%. I rarely shop for clothes on a whim unless I need it, since I have a lot of clothes already in my closet.

11. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    I'm addicted to buying clothes. I don't go for expensive items. I usually buy from outlets but this happens every month. I don't have any more room in my closet for them and I've started to give away clothes that I didn't wear not even once. I guess I should stay away from clothing stores since I can't help buying something that I like. Any advice as to how to avoid spending all my money on clothes would be greatly appreciated.

12. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really had a fixed amount of times that I shop for clothes in a year since I was a kid. I just go when I can afford it and when I need something. Sure, every now and then, if I'm out and about anyway, I'll stop in a shop and pick up a shirt or something for no reason, but that's very rare. I'm not someone that likes to go out once a year and buy $200 worth of clothes to last me all the way through next year. I like to pick up new outfits here and there, when I am able to do so.

13. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a set time or a schedule for this. When I have enough disposable income and I'm need of new clothes or I find something really nice that I feel I must have, I make a purchase. Also finding a good deal on some nice clothing is something I don't usually refuse.

True, there was a point in my life when I put clothes in front of the more important things that needed my attention or money but now I just buy as described above. Guess I too, like True2marie put it, became financially conscious.

14. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't shop so many times a year. What I do is I buy simple-looking clothes, and all I do is I mix and match it with things that follow a trend during the time. For example, I have a simple white tank top, and I wear an Aztec-print sweater over it since it was a trend.

I don't go shopping often. I just wear simple clothes and put on some fashionable accessories such as sweaters, eyeglasses, or necklaces in order for me to look fashionable and classy.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do usually buy my clothes in bulk, because I prefer buying a lot in one go rather than having to buy each piece by piece throughout the year. I do this about once or twice a year as well, and I think it's the best way to go about it if you are looking to save because this way, at least you'd have a better idea on how you'd mix and match all the items and thus will most likely get a lot more use out of any particular item of clothing, as opposed to buying just one that doesn't mesh well with the rest of your wardrobe which then would entail that you'd only get to use it a couple of times.

16. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    I don't really have times to shop. If I have money and a party or an event is coming up I will shop for clothes then or if something new came out that I like and think I could wear and make me look good. In all, I go clothes shopping anytime I feel really, It could be once a year or up to 10 times a year, It depends