How mcuh do you pay per month for your cell phone?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by joyful728 • Nov 1, 2014.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    I'm just curious, how much do you pay per month for your cell phone? My plan is only supposed to be 55 per month but (gasp!) I went over and managed to rack up at 200 something dollar bill! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to try to be more responsible!! Please share how much you pay per month for your phone bill and how many minutes you get, etc. THANKS for your help!!!

2. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I don't pay much for my phone at all. When it comes to business calls, my company pays for it. I don't need to pay a dime. As far as my personal calls are concerned, I prefer messaging rather than calling people unless it's necessary.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't pay much for my cell phone coverage. I recently switched from Virgin Mobile to Sprint. I pay $35 for unlimited talk and text. Data up to 1 GB. That's enough for me. I just can't get behind nearly $100 per month for cell phone coverage. I have friends that pay that. I don't get it and they don't get me.

4. MichelleTheConsumer

MichelleTheConsumerMember

Threads:
    I pay $250.84 per month for two lines (one for my husband and the other for me).

We get 1400 minutes, but we can put in 10 phone numbers which don't count against our minutes, and these can be changed any time. In addition, if we call other people on Verizon's network, those don't count.

We have unlimited texts and unlimited data.

I use about 96 GB a month, as I do all of my online stuff -- which includes my job and contract work for clients -- as well as my Roku -- which is on pretty much day and night while I work -- using the hotspot on my phone. Ken has that capability as well. Unlimited. From anywhere, including trains and hotels with lousy connections. :)

We got rid of the landline, cable television, and the fancy internet services (though Ken has a wired connection for his internet here at the house) and we end up paying less using the phones for everything.

I also have a 10% discount because of my last job, though I don't know how long that will last.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Used to pay upwards of $120 per month when I was with Verizon. I thought that was ridiculous and I left them as soon as my contract was up. Just a total waste of money. Now I pay around $60 a month for unlimited talk and text. With Sprint. A lot more pleased with this plan. Although the coverage can be spotty at times, I'd still rather have the lower bill.

6. MichelleTheConsumer

Threads:
    I would LOVE to go with Sprint, but they don't have coverage, according to their site, pretty much anywhere in my state!

They are currently the only company offering unlimited data, though I'm not sure if that includes use of a hotspot. That's key for us. Would love to know if anyone here uses Sprint's unlimited data.

7. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I'm not paying myself, my mother pays as it's her subscription after all :). The invoice is about something like 15 dollars, but I always overcome it and it actually it's around 20 dollars each month, a bit too much I know, but a lot of my friends overcame their invoices with 200 dollars or so due to staying to much on the mobile internet.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Wow. They dont have ANY coverage in Maine? I knew that was a rural state but not THAT rural. Pretty surprising. Who offers coverage up there? I assume Verizon does. They seem to cover just about every part of the country like a blanket. And yes, I do use Sprint unlimited data. It is pretty fast. I don't know if it available on every plan though. I have the Iphone unlimited plan. I think it's a special package for new Iphone users. You may want to look into it.

9. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    My family goes through U.S. Cellular. We were literally getting riped off. We were paying 180 dollars for 2 lines of everything unlimited except data. The crappy part is is that we just switched our plan to only pay 80 dollars a month for the same thing. We just couldn't get new phones. It was incrediably stupid on my part to change otherwise I was just going to cancel my plan. I recommened never going with us cellular.

10. MichelleTheConsumer

Threads:
    According to their site and salespeople, they do not, though I know that Sprint users from away have reception here via Verizon towers. They will not, however, allow me to become a subscriber to Sprint because my address is up here and the majority of my calls would originate from an uncovered state.

I am just waiting until there is some sort of competition up here. Right now, we have Verizon and US Cellular in northern Maine, where I am. They have those plus T-mobile and some smaller companies in Portland and Lewiston.

11. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I pay $25 plus about $7 in taxes on Republic Wireless. Truthfully, for the amount of time that I actually use the phone, that's still too much and I should drop down to the $10 plan where I can just make all of my calls on WiFi. However, for those moments where I am not on WiFi, I would want to be able to do whatever on my phone without limits, so I just pay the $25. If I ever get to the point where I would take my mobile hotspot around with me all the time, I'd probably drop down to the $10 plan.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever use my phone. Yeah, I hardly ever make phone calls [and they don't call me either because they don't have my number]. For that reason, I got myself one of those prepaid cellphones. In one month, depending on how many calls I make I can spend less than $5. For people like me who hate using the phone I recommend going "prepaid" and save some cash.

13. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have always prided ourselves on keeping our cell phone bill low, while many of our friends were paying 150-200 dollars (and some even more). There are much better plans these days, so people are getting better deals. We had actually just gotten our bill down to an all time low, when we decided to add our daughter who was going away to school. Adding one smart phone caused our bill to go up significantly.

14. zaskolu2014

zaskolu2014New Member

Threads:
    My cell phone bills are really low. I don't spend more than 10 $ per month. My carrier has a really cool option : " it's like rechargeable phone credit. You buy like 5$ and it lasts about 30 days. When your credit expires or when you run out of them you just buy more. For me as a student this is a really nice option, because i really don't use my phone too often, my cell phone "bill" is minimalistic because i don't use internet.

15. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I pay about $100, but I think it is a bit high. Although, it helps to cover me so that I don't go over and get charged more. It think the over usage fees can go higher than just pay for a larger plan. I wish I could find something cheaper with the similar services that I ma getting now, but it seems now a days, the whole cheap cell service thing is really not in existence because we use are phones for so much more than just calling.

16. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The plan I have is only $35 and I have unlimited everything. I guess it is all dependent on the area you live at for the price you pay. I hear about people paying two times the amount for what I receive.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a prepaid phone, and I also don't pay much every month. The money that I spend on it is always below $12, since I don't like to make calls, and I just subscribe to an unlimited text plan.

18. xHysteria

xHysteriaNew Member

Threads:
    My phone bill is around $18AU/month, it only goes up whenever I use more than I need to on my usage list. I get 1gb of internet data, $500 of calling and texting credit. It's pretty good considering I don't use much.

19. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'd be curious as to how someone could have a $12 per month cell phone bill. What company is that with? I think that'd be a good plan for older folks or young kids to have. I don't have any kids but I definitely wouldn't want them to an unlimited smart phone plan until they hit a more mature age.

20. forehandflick

forehandflickNew Member

Threads:
    I'm only paying about $50 per month, but that's because I'm on a shared family plan with my mother and aunt. We use Verizon because it has the best service where we live, but for me to be on my own plan would be at least double what I'm paying now. I'd be able to afford the $100 a month, but why bother if I can just pay half of that and share the 4GB of data with 2 other people?