How mcuh do you pay per month for your cell phone?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by joyful728 • Nov 1, 2014.

1. SweetMamaKaty

SweetMamaKatyActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is the same, about $12 with tax (per phone) - we use Tracfone. :) We've used this company for years, and believe it or not, it's our primary phone! We use the least expensive No-Contract Monthly Value Plan, so it charges our card and adds the minutes automatically each month. The key is to have a triple minute phone.

We bought the LG Optimus Fuel around Black Friday for $9.99, so watch for sales on the phones too. This particular phone is an Android, so we have the Google Play Store. The triple minutes on this phone give us separate values for minutes, text, and data. Before buying this phone, we were on one of the more expensive monthly plans, but we have been able to downgrade to a less expensive plan now!

2. elite1fl

elite1flMember

Threads:
    I pay $45 a month unlimited with Net10. Data is unlimited, but they start to throttle at 2.5GB. I've never used that much in a month, so I don't know how bad the throttle is. I used to be with AT&T but it was just too expensive, I was paying around $200 for two lines. Now I just have the one line and Net10 backbones on AT&T, so I haven't noticed much of a difference.

3. westmixxin

westmixxinMember

Threads:
    The price for the current market is actually pretty good to be real with you. I like the way my service is set up because it’s fast unlimited and 45 dollars.

4. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I pay $100 per month for two lines with unlimited talk , text and internet. TRULY unlimited internet. I have T-Mobile and recommend it to everybody because they are the ONLY carrier in the United States who offers truly unlimited nationwide 4G LTE. Not to mention the price is right.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly use my cellphone and it's on prepaid arrangement so I only spend about $2 or $3 a month at most. My family and friends usually call me on my landline which comes free with my internet subscription. Some would just pm me on social media as they, too, are saving on their prepaid cellphone expenses.

6. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Very Less. Sometimes only 2-3$ a month which is 120-180 local currency. I very seldom make phone calls. Only when I really need to. And then, I don't talk too much. Hence my balance lasts for a long time.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Back when I had a phone, I paid around 15 dollars per month for unlimited calls. I don't text or use the internet so I didn't have to pay much. I might have been okay with a limited plan because I didn't talk to people much but you never know?

8. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I use a prepaid plan, not a postpaid one. This means that I can only use what I have paid for. I have to top up my phone if I want to make calls or use the Internet. I prefer it that way since I have WiFi so I don't need to be using my network provider's data plans too often.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Since I'm just at home most of the time and I have no one to text or call, I hardly refill my phone. There are actually free SMS services that I can use so even if I need to text or contact someone, I just use the free SMS provider or app, so I don't have to load my phone. Not unless when I'm out, then that's the only time I'll do a refill, and it won't be more than $3 a month :)

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I spend about $10 dollars a month on my phone but not on my phone necessarily I pay for internet plan so I use the wifi to use in my phone. I pay for data and calls as I go but I really don't purchase that since I communicate most through the internet only when it's necessary.

11. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I use dual sim phone, I spend just about $15 on my cellbphone bills.I use my cellphone to make calls as well as use internet service. Sometimes when I am not in wifi zone, I create hotspot on my phone and use cellular data on my laptop.That's the reason whay I am paying so much.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    The highest so far I have paid lately for my plan mobile subscription is $67. That is too much for my plan payment of $22 per month. This was due to my overseas call which cost so much. Next time I would be extra careful for using my phone to a long-distant call.

13. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    I spend around $7 on my cell phone bills. I am in a WiFi zone for most of the time, so I do not spend much on internet data packs. Also, there a couple of apps which recharge my mobile for free in my country, so I usually end up spending a lot less on mobile recharges. Earlier, I used to pay for messaging services but now with the advent of Whatsapp and other messaging platforms, the messaging services have become extinct to be honest.

14. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I do not spend much on voice bills, but I use my SIM for 4G broad band connection. So for data I have to spend around $15 and it is quite reasonable of me. Earlier it was around 70% more than this rate. Recently there was a drastic drop in Internet rates here which is really helpful for me. I think there will be further reduction in rates due to stiff competition among telecom service providers.

As I use a pre-paid connection I can have a better control on voice calls. I also get instant alerts to keep be informed of my balance.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have gone through a lot of changes recently, and I have gotten it down to about sixty dollars a month, and that is about as low as you can go, which is pretty lame. Maybe I will cut back even more, but I think for now this will do.

16. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have dual SIM Phone, I use two SIM to make calls as well use data service. I switch between the lines whenever required. I pay around $5 for one SIM and $3 for another SIM. My total cell phone bill is about $8.

17. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I spend $15 per month for my cell phone. I have no wifi so I pay for the internet I use on my phone. The tarrif I've subscribed for gives me some free messages to send to people and free minutes to call. This is always enough unless I have to make many hour calls which is rare.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I really can't say an estimated value, because the numbers usually vary a lot.

There are some months that I practically don't use my phone to make calls, but there are months that I use it a lot. It's almost a surprise every month (some of them good, and some less so :p).

19. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have a contract phone and I pay £35 a month which gives me unlimited texts and calls. I can't remember how much data it allows but I have never run out so it must be enough.

My contract comes to an end on 4th June and I am planning to upgrade but I don't really want to pay much more than I am paying now even though my network provider will suggest phones that cost more. Every time it goes up a little but I guess that is how they make their money.

20. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Let’s talk in pesos. My monthly average bill for my phone subscription is 100 pesos or so (that’s about $2). Our housemaid who uses the pre-paid scheme spends a minimum of 10 pesos a day which translates to 300 pesos in a month. So that’s 3 times of my bill of 100 pesos. Unfortunately, it’s not difficult to get a “line” for the post-paid subscription because of the required documents that our housemaid doesn’t have. She needs the phone to connect to her family in the province.