How much do you feel is fair for shipping?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by GemmaRowlands • Sep 17, 2014.

1. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    That makes sense. I always try to avoid shipping, so sometimes if there is an amount that earns you free shipping, I'll make sure I buy enough to get it. If I can't, then shipping it is. I don't think I'd pay more than $12 USD for anything.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well living in Hawaii we do get charged extra for shipping now. Before it was the same as weight charges only, now they add ...if you live in Hawaii add this surcharge. I like to shop online where you can get free shipping. Ebay.com people set their own prices, so you got to take your chances, sorry to let you know this, but that's business for you and they can add anything they'd like within reason for charges to the buyer, I believe. If you sign up at abebooks.com where they've got second hand books it may help you to find books you want or amazon.com too has second hand books. Good luck in your quest for good shipping rates. By the way libraries may have book sales from time to time too.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol. I am exactly the same, except with Amazon's free shipping eligibility limit, I feel like it is a bit too high. They expect you to spend sometimes eleven more pounds in order to get shipping on an object that is only going to cost you five pounds to begin with. Obviously that shipping isn't going to be as expensive as spending the extra money. But some of these retail stores, the free shipping spending limit is a bit too high for my liking.

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    That is a hard one. I have felt ripped off before by shipping and handling prices. Sometime I wonder if the store from which I am purchasing a sale item is trying to make some of their back by high shipping and handling fees. I always feel like a smart shopper when I purchase an item with free shipping.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to shipping I think there's little that can be done to ensure sellers set fair shipping fees. It can be annoying when you must spend a lot of money on shipping which is probably the reason why you should try to get free shipping most of the time you buy online. Most stores will offer free shipping if you buy products worth a certain set amount of money. Form a shopping club, buy stuff online [with friends] and get free shipping all the time.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, I have done the same thing in the past, where I have waited until the people that I know are ordering with a particular retailer, and then I will order in with them so we can all benefit from the free shipping.