How Much Do You Pay for Internet Access?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Ruth • Mar 5, 2014.

1. Ruth

RuthMember

Threads:
    As the title says, how much do you pay for Internet access? Where do you live? What Internet service provider do you use?

2. Mina

MinaMember

Threads:
    The internet here is really cheap, and it's one of the few things that I follow and check every time if there is a special offer or something I can benefit from. Last time they had a really good offer which it was 30$ for three months, which was good compared to the normal offer 10$ for 20 days. I use a modem and I spend about 20$ a month of internet. I'm from Morocco.

3. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    Morocco is somehow similar to Romania;) internet connection is somehow affordable, with only 15EURO you can have a decent connection at home and 1GB of traffic for your mobile gadgets. Naturally, carriers as Vodafone or Orange have special offers related to traffic spent of Facebook or WhatsApp, up to 4EURO, it`s up to a customer to choose the best alternative.

4. victor

victorNew Member

Threads:
    I use Vodafone and pay between $20 - $50 monthly because i usually exhaust a lot of mb, am always online and l love it

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pay $25 per month using a prepaid broadband connection, and there is also a post paid plan at home, it's a wi-fi plan that also costs $25 per month, so I think that it's pretty cheap to subscribe to a fast connection nowadays.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have prepaid internet and spend around $25 per month for 1GB. I don't need more than that. I know there are probably cheaper suppliers out there, but I like my set-up which is convenient for me. I use my smartphone as a modem to create a wifi hotspot so that I can access the internet on my laptop. I travel a lot, so I need a mobile internet wherever I go.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently paying about $50 a month for a 5Mbit down/up connection which uses fiber optic. It's a packaged internet meaning it comes with internet, phone, and iptv. Local charges are free for both phone and tv channels. Everything else is considered extra and needs a subsription fee.

8. Hero0o

Hero0oNew Member

Threads:
    There are different packages to choose from. I used mobile internet a lot few years ago but now have a laptop and wireless connection ;)
    So its cool.

9. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    In order to avoid the expensive overcome of your contract, you should apply to a more generous subscription. I initially had a subscription based on 500MB, estimated at 3EURO, but was enough only for browsing and reading emails, so I updated to 1GB, which was 6EURO and no headache about extra costs;)

10. mizzperdue

mizzperdueNew Member

Threads:
    I have Comcast as a Internet Provider and I'm paying $80.00 for service. I wish I had a cheaper provider for internet because this is just costing me to much.

11. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    We pay approximately $35.60 monthly for 5 mbps speed with a daily cap of 4 gigabytes only. Sometimes the connection is erratic and sometimes slow due to over-subscription. The monthly fee includes a wired internet connection bundled with a land line phone. I live in the Philippines.

12. thephantom638

thephantom638New Member

Threads:
    We pay around $60 a month for a bundle (internet and phone calls) with unlimited phone calls to standard national landlines and 500 gigabytes of internet. The only downside is that although the download speed is okay (3-4 mb/s), the upload speed is pretty horrible (maximum 0.8 mb/s).

13. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I use Comcast for $40/month and get around 10 Download and 10 upload and roughly a 300g/month cap. Luckily, when I signed up, they were offering a promotion that really has kept the cost down. Overall, been happy with the service Comcast has given and very few problems with the internet at all.

14. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I pay about $15-$20 a month for our 2mbps internet. Its relatively cheap and it does the job done, I mean its not the fastest and downloading huge files can sometimes take up to 5-10 hours, even longer, but its stable enough for me to do some online job and surf the web properly. The only bummer though is that my ISP has a 30GB bandwidth limit. So much for 'Unlimited Connection', f**king greedy corporate buttholes.

15. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I currently pay about $50 with Time Warner using their basic high speed service. They've been wanting to get me to upgrade to the faster speed, trying to convince me that I will be paying less that way. I don't see how I can get more by paying less. If I get frustrated with my connection speed, maybe I'll upgrade. But as long as I can watch hulu and netflix at this speed I"ll be happy for now.

16. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You sound like a new user. They seem charitable towards the new users and leave us old users in the dust.

17. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    In the US I pay about $30 if you separate the internet from the other items. It seems like everything has to be 'bundled' here. It's nonsense. It makes me more reliant on one company than I want to be. It also seems if you are not 'bundling' these things you are paying out the wazoo to have individual services.

18. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    If you can get AT&T Uverse I recommend it. It's really reliable and the tech support is great. I'm not plugging for the company, I've just had really good experience with everyone I've ever dealt with at the company.

19. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I pay $29.99 a month.

For 1.5mbps internet connection through the local phone company. It sucks because it is super slow, but they are the only company that provides service in my area. Sometimes i only get half that speed.

Which is infuriating. I might as well just use my phone. I am only keeping it because it is unlimited. My cell phone has a 2.5GB data cap.

20. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I pay $29.99 month through Birch Communications. It's high speed DSL. The service is ok when its actually up and running. I like their cheap phone service as well. The phone/DSl package saved me around $30 month compared to some other down right awful service providers. I live in the mountains so service around here is not as great as it would if I lived in the city. I'm ok with my service though.