How much do you pay for internet?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by Batiatus • Mar 1, 2014.

1. Batiatus

BatiatusMember

Threads:
    I am paying around 20 euros a month and I get 500 GB of download/upload (After that the speed slows down) and the speed is around 50 Mbps

2. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    Using BT infinity (UK) for unlimited and no traffic shaped bandwidth at £21 per month - it's using the new VDSL2 technology which gives me around 38Mbit download and 9.5Mbit upload.

BT seems to have a monopoly with this type of connection so keen to look into moving to another cheaper provider when possible that allows unlimited as well.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a package for about 65€ I get unlimited internet (100MB), TV (over 100 channels), landline and two cellphones, so I think it's a decent deal.

4. gocata

gocataNew Member

Threads:
    I have a package for 15 dollars I get unlimited internet 100MB

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    We went from $14.99 a month for the first 2 years in this house, up to $55 a month, for internet only.

It is ridiculous. I can't remember how much bandwidth we have, but it is enough and we don't have delay times anymore... but still. $55 a month to me is crazy.

6. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    I think I pay around 40 Euro for a high speed broadband connection. They installed fiber in my building and I upgraded to a 100 mbit connection, which is pretty sweet.
    I have no idea if what I just wrote makes any sense though, I don't know what all these technical things are called in english.. sorry!

7. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    In the United States, I use Comcast I pay around $120 a month for TV and Internet. It's an alright price, it's actually about the average in my area and I get pretty good internet for that price. And I get a few free premium channels because Comcast wants to keep their customers. But if only Google Fiber came to my area :(

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    For solely internet, that is surely a chunk of change. What company is this? Have you tried calling and negotiating or are you trapped in a contractual agreement? I'm guessing the first two years were the lure.

9. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I pay £15 per month for the internet, and £15 for the line rental. I consider it £30 as I never use the landline so only pay the line rental for the internet. It was free for 6 months when I first subscribed. I get my internet from BT and get 16mbit.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pay $89 a month for phone, high speed internet and DirectTV with the Ultimate channel package. I used to pay $89 for just phone and internet, so bundling DirectTV just made sense ,since it didn't really raise my bill, because of the one year promotional discounts.

11. samjane

samjaneNew Member

Threads:
    I'm paying around $25 a month for unlimited internet access which is pretty fine with me. I uses internet a lot of times so I really need the unlimited promo. It can save me ample amount.

12. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I pay 18 dollars for a ridiculously slow internet connection with a 15 GB limit per month. I'm subscribed to the "best" internet postpaid plan in our country. The irony. Halfway through the month, I reach the limit, hence, the slow internet connection. 15 GB per month is just absurd.

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't actually know what ours costs! It's included in our rent, in a bundle along with cable. It would be interesting to know, though, because I seriously do think the service is comparable (if not a definite better rating) to comcast...and they charge more than they should be able to get away with.

14. yossup

yossupMember

Threads:
    We pay around 60 dollars per month for comcast. We have the second fastest speed so there's an even more expensive option. Honestly, internet in the US is too expensive because comcast has too much of a monopoly in this business. We need more google fiber.

15. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I pay about $50 a month for an internet and telephone bundle (the telephone line is connected through the internet). The internet is unlimited and it's about a medium speed (not too fast and not too slow for what I do) so it's just fine. My family basically uses the internet for watching videos on youtube and research, so this is a good speed and price.

16. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    We pay $36 for a bundled plan of broadband internet and a landline phone under Globe Telecoms. Our internet speed is supposed to be up to 5mbs maximum with a cap of 3 gig data. Sometimes the connection is fast and sometimes intermittent. We have no choice since all the internet services here are over-subscribed. During weekends and holidays the signal is expected to drop and, on worst cases the signal disappears in various times during the day.

17. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I pay around 15$ for my wireless broadband which is kind off slow with a download limit of 20gb. I know its not a very sweet deal but its okay with me as this is what everyone here gets for that price.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a prepaid internet connection, and in only costs $8 per month. It's supposed to be for mobile phones, but it also works on the pc, so it's all good. I'm content with the speed, it's decent enough for me, but it's slow at around 5 pm onwards up to around 1 am.