How much do you spend eating out in a month?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by green_momma2007 • Dec 10, 2012.

1. green_momma2007

green_momma2007New Member

Threads:
    I know we need to cut back. But i wonder if our spending is in line with what other people spend. So, how much do you spend each month eating out?

2. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I think I eat out maybe 3-4 times a month. That's the kind of thing I do mostly on the weekends. Like a Saturday night when nobody feels like cooking. But even then, sometimes we end up cooking anyway to try to avoid eating out as much as possible.

3. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I eat out pretty regularly. My only excuse? Being a college student! I eat out probably way too much. I couldn't tell you how much money I spend on eating out each month. I would expect at least $50 or so.

4. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    When we eat out it's at McDonalds or a pizza place. I have 2 kids under the age of 3, so we have to get in and out fast. We probably do something once a week, and Even with cheap places, it's $50-100 a month.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have basically eliminated eating out. Not only does it save me money, but helps me control what I eat since I started on vegan diet. I used to eat out a lot before. I probably spent around $75 to $100 per month.

6. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I really can't afford to eat out, so I actually spend nothing on eating out each month. However, if my financial situation were different, I would probably spend around $50 per month eating out.

7. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    On average, we eat out about once or twice a month, totaling between $30-60. I would really like to cut that out for a few months so we can save that money for other things that we need.

8. green_momma2007

green_momma2007New Member

Threads:
    Holy crap, I need to start cooking more. We spend a lot more on eating out. This was quite an eye opener.

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    When I'm busy I eat out way more than I think I should, because I'll forget to bring lunch with me. In a really busy week, I might eat out four times and spend a total of $20-$30. I don't usually have four weeks like that in a month, though, and I'm working on being more fastidious about always bringing lunch with me.

10. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    maybe 30 bucks a month we only eat out like 1 or twice a month so it isn't that much.

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    We used to eat out so often and spend anything close to $300 per month... I had to put my foot down and stop this nonsense a few months ago. I cook each meal fresh and ensure that we eat all our meals at home/ or food packed from home. Now if we spend anything close to $50 it would be high.

12. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    We go out once a month to a restaurant and usually spend at most $20. This weekend I'm taking my wife and our friend out for Chinese food and it'll cost me less than $20. For the rest of the time, we cook at home and save money. My wife was considering getting Indian food for Christmas Eve, but for less I can cook a whole meal for 10 people at home.

13. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I have also eliminated eating out. Beyond just saving money, I'm really watching what I eat. The only thing I will buy is a black coffee or green tea from Tims if I'm going to be away from the house for a few hours.

14. dhrynio

dhrynioMember

Threads:
    We allow one time a month eating out or ordering pizza. So I guess roughly $30 or so.

15. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I use to order out alot cause i didn't have time to took and was spending almost $100 every month but i cut down a lot so its around $20 now i try to do more home cooking if i can.

16. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    These days I am not spending anything eating out. I am not even sure exactly when I last did - it's been in the last few months, but not sure when. I like to eat healthy so I am particular about where I go and what ingredients are used in preparing my food. Aside from the expense, I just feel eating at home assures I get to have what I want, and I know what's in my food and where it came from.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't have an amount really. Some months, we might go 3 months without eating out at all...or maybe just once where we grab some cheap fast food while we're out running errands. Other months, we might go out 3 or 4 times a month...sometimes more. Sometimes they're expensive meals and then we avoid indulging for a while to make up for it.

18. mazhar1432

mazhar1432New Member

Threads:
    Generally, I eat out about 3-4 times a month. This is all dependent on your family and friends of course. They influence you to hang out with them and what not and then you all go out and eat. On a meal worth eating out for, you can spend about $20-$50 for and thats for each meal itself. So i would say an estimated $100-$150 a month on eating out. However i believe it is quite insignificant to eat out at fancy places all the time.

19. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Being a vegetarian, when I eat out I have to go to slightly more pricey places. Most fast food joints don't sell anything I can eat! I eat out multiple times a week and generally spend about $10 a meal.. way too much a month, I tell ya.

20. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I don't usually eat out that much, and if I do it's mostly at places like Subway or Wendy's. Having said that, my family occasionally goes out and we order pizza maybe once or twice a month, so it totals to around $80-$100 for a whole month for all of us. If we do splurge on a meal at a sit down restaurant, though, then it goes up by maybe another $45.