How much do you spend eating out in a month?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by green_momma2007 • Dec 10, 2012.

1. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I would say I spend about $20 eating out in a month which I would say isn't bad. I do most of my own cooking myself and that way it last longer and it keeps you full longer. I like that and that way you won't be putting on all that weight. So it do cut down on the pounds, don't you think.

2. vest007

vest007Member

Threads:
    I spend somewhere around $100 for myself. If you consider the whole family, it will come around $250. Eating out is quite expensive where I live, since most of the food items have to be transported from far away places.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    At one point in time I was spending easily over $200/month eating out, but at the time I was hanging around some people who liked to go out to dinner a lot after work and have some glasses of wine along with it. I ended up changing jobs and moving to an area with a higher cost of living, so I had to cut that out real quick. Nowadays I would estimate about $30/month. I seldom eat out, and when I do it's usually fast food - no fine dining. It can add up pretty quickly. Even if you're just spending $6 or so each day for lunch at work, that's about $150/month right there.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    In Spain, it's relatively cheap to eat out, so I'd say we do it 2 or 3 times a month, sometimes more. We had a 3 course meal out with friends yesterday, which cost just 30 Euro ($40) for 4, including wine. Even if we ate out once a week, we would only spend the equivalent of $80 a month for the two of us, but it's usually less than that.

When we're in the UK, we tend to eat out less than that, as it's more expensive.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't eat out much these days because I am home more and have more time to prepare healthy foods that I want to eat. When I am busy I have to sometimes grab what I can and the choices aren't all that great. Also, there are not a lot of choices for vegan and vegetarian foods at the average restaurant. Even when there are, there's no way to know if the ingredients are organic.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm on an extreme budget because I'm saving up the deposit for a new apartment, so now I spend about $10 a month on eating at fast food places and everything else I cook myself at home.
    The $10 fast food purchase once a month is really to make my daughter happy by treating her, otherwise I would just cook 100% of my food at home. If I was childless, I could probably cut back on even more things, but when you have a family you sometimes have to compromise a little.

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    At this moment I think I have cut way down on eating out and spending money on eating out. I am trying hard to prepare all of my foods that I eat unless I am in such a hurry and can't do anything else about it. So at this moment I would say $6.00, which isn't bad for 8 pcs. of fried chicken at my local market. That will hold me until I fix something or warm up leftovers.

8. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I barely eat out so therefore my total would have to be around 20 dollars or so. I love freshly cooked meals from home so therefore I am not someone who goes to a restaurant every week.

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Lately - absolutely nothing. New mom so all my money is going to diapers, formula, etc. Usually though less than $20. I would rather cook at home

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Barely nothing. I rarely eat out; I dislike eating in places with too many people around. Call it a phobia or whatever you want :p I do like eating in Subway every now and then though, especially around the times when it's quiet.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I spend like maybe $100 or more a month. Mostly because it's Italian food. And two pizzas where I order from with toppings are like 32 dollars. If I add on mozarella sticks and maybe a calzone? It's like $40 minus tip.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend around $30 per month more or less when I eat out, so I think that it's a pretty reasonable amount to spend for a single person.

13. dsperin

dsperinNew Member

Threads:
    Curbing my eating out addiction was one of the best things that I have done recently. I really started thinking about food, what's in it, and how much we're overcharged for food that we could be making at home without whatever it is that's in those tasty burgers at Red Robin. Before my food revelation I was eating out multiple times a week--maybe 3-4--and spending hundreds each month (we're a family of four). Now I'm down to once a week at most and I go with just my husband. I still keep it under $40.

14. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I'm exhausted on Sundays since we go to church and visit the grand parents with the kids in tow. I know I shouldn't but I cave in and usually have KFC delivered. I probably spend about $60 a month. It's cheaper for me to have food delivered as opposed to eating out.

15. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Nowadays it's less than $30 easily. I prefer to cook most of the time, and really only eat out if I am travelling or running a lot of errands on a given day.

16. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I spend quite a bit as I rarely cook at home. I will spend about $40 a week on takeaways. I am trying to cook more at home but I live with my disabled dad who throws tantrums when anyone goes into his kitchen. :D

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend quite a lot on food, I would estimate that the vast majority of my disposable income is spent on food. I really enjoy eating and it's important to eat well for physical and mental wealth so I buy the best quality ingredients I can afford.

18. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Hubby and I eat out every week as we meet with his parents and 2 kids regularly. We usually spend around £40 or less for a meal for all of us when we go out. Other than than, hubby and I cook our food in the house. At this hard time, we need to cut back with most of our extra spending.

19. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I also am trying to eliminate eating out completely because I have always hated spending money on extra food that I don't particularly need.
    I just love the fact that now I am saving much more money than ever and I have been eating healthier as well which has helped me lose some weight. I couldn't be more happier with this decision at this point in my life.
    I hope I never go back to how it was before.

20. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I only order a pizza once a month (at most) so it only comes to around $20-$25 per month. I think that is fairly reasonable. I always do it on Tuesday because all of the pizza chains in the area have an offer called "Two for Tuesday": it's just a "buy one get one free" on any pizza. Since most fast/junk food does not appeal to me anyway, I would not spend any more than this. I prefer my own (or my dad's) cooking over any of the takeaways, deliveries or restaurants. It is fresher, you know what is in it and it is always far cheaper! On top of all that, you can customise it any way you please!