How much do you spend eating out in a month?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by green_momma2007 • Dec 10, 2012.

1. skyby7

skyby7New Member

Threads:
    About 40-50$ a month, I limit myself to 5$ when i eat out, mostly at lunch where I work.

I just buy a sandwich and coffee at Tim Hortons, nothing expensive. I cook my own meals.

2. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    We really cannot afford to go out to eat alot. But when we do we usually go to the dollar menu places. Every once in a great while I will take my kids to the chinese buffet place in town.So I would say on average we spend about $20 per month on eating out. And sometimes it is even less than that. We really are on a tight budget. There are a few times when we save up and they have the pizzas for $5.00 for a medium. So I guess that would be in addition to the $20.00. But other than that I cook at home. But it is ok, because one of my favorite things to do is cook. And it is always nice to have my family all together around the table at dinner time.

3. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I really have lost count probably over 50. But I sometimes eat at my moms house. I just go there sometimes and freeload, take a couple things back with me. LOL!!

4. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    Lately I've eaten out very seldom, maybe twice in a month. It's getting a little too expensive to eat out even at fast-food chains. My guess is, I spend about $15 each month eating out, be it at a fast-food place or a regular restaurant. I'd like to go out more though, lots of different dishes and food I haven't tried yet and I'm curious about.

Think I'll try saving up a little more for these kind of expenses!

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    We used to spend more than $500 eating out until I realized we definitely need to cut back. I have saved a lot over the last month just because we're sticking to home-cooked meals. Now I'm thinking all the money I could've saved! But good thing it's not too late.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We typically don't eat out. I love to cook far too much and enjoy sitting around the table with my husband and kids.

7. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I eat out about 2-3 times per month. actually I pretty like to cook by myself.

8. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i go 2 to 3 times in a month for outside dinner. Rs. 1000 i spend in a month