How much do you spend in following your favorite artist?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by tosaytheleast • May 2, 2012.

1. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! I know that avid fans of a specific artist really spend a lot just to follow their favorite artist in their shows, buy their albums, collectible items and other stuffs related to these things. I am a music lover and I spend a lot buying CD's but I do not really spend money to but tickets to live shows. How about you guys?

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I spend a lot of money on my favorite artists. I do buy music, but I spend the most on good positions at a concert. I love the experience and am willing to pay for it. Not so much now, but a few years ago, I spent my food money on music. I am a little bit more reasonable now...lol, yeah, but I am willing to spend money on a great experience.

3. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I really only have one single artist I follow loyally. She's a Japanese singer. I always, without fail, pre-order her albums/singles. I also make it a point to order from the shops that offer pre-order bonuses and I always buy the CD+DVD versions of her releases. Her other stuff, like other shop-limited pre-order bonuses and the like, I usually buy off of Yahoo Auctions Japan or eBay.

#3May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, I spent a lot of money following my favorite artists. I would buy their CDs when they first hit the market even if I never heard a track. The clerks at the record stores, knew my favorite artists and keep me update on upcoming releases. One year, I saw my favorite group five times in concert. Those were the good old days, but those days are long gone.

5. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Spending money over music? You just made the quote "Music is the food of one's soul" literal. I am happy that you are more reasonable now. If only I have more than enough money, I would also go in every show of my favorite artist. Unfortunately I only have enough money to spend for myself and my needs so I can't really spend a lot.

6. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I hardly ever buy CD's or DVD's (music, films) but IF I watch a movie really often I try to buy it one day. It's worse with CD's but maybe I'll be able to afford it as well.
    I don't like concerts so I don't spend much money on it. No gadgets, come on, I'm not a teenager anymore ;)

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    None! I've actually never been to a concert and I rarely buy CDs. I do love music, but I listen to soooo many different artists and styles of music that I don't really have a favorite. I'd be willing to spend money on tickets to see a good show, but there just haven't been any in my area when I've been able to afford to go.

8. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    I just listen to my favorite artist's music over and over, sharing it on my Facebook. Sure, it isn't too much fandom, but at least I expose the artist to my friends and see if they are interested.

9. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I had a band that I absolutely loved when I was younger. I would be at the store the day each of their albums was released. I don't have a group or singer that I really follow anymore. Most artists only a have a few songs that I like, not enough to buy the entire album. I just mostly use Spotify to get songs individually or listen to Pandora.

10. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I spend money on music CD is when Incubus and Muse comes out with a new album. Other than that, I would go through my brother's iTune folder and grab whatever I want since he has a wide variety of songs from various genres. I never bought T-shirts of my favourite bands and luckily, I never spent money on concerts because most tickets were bought for me as a gift and when I was younger, my best friend's father owned a company that brought in International artists, so I was lucky enough to get good seats by following them :D Those were the days! I won't be spending money on concerts any time soon because they are so expensive!

11. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    I have always wanted to buy my favorite artists' CD's but my allowance could never allow me to do so. Now, that I have a job. I am trying to save up some money to buy a CD or two to really show my love for my favorite band and singer. I'd buy Green Day's and Charice's albums when I get a hold of some big bucks.

12. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I would be okay buying CDs but for shows, it would depend. If I have the budget and I really like the artist, I would buy tickets to see them on a show, and if the show is done in the city where I live. Otherwise, I would be just as happy to listen to the CD or watch their music videos on TV.

13. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    I went to a handful of concerts here and there in the past. I went to see a Willie Nelson performance years ago, Highway 101 with Nikki Nelson. She was just super. Ricky Skaggs and Charlie Daniels I both went to at county fairs. You will pay less if you see them at fairs or festivals than you will at dedicated concerts.

14. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love to see bands live but I don't follow any band in particular- if one I love happens to pass through my city I will usually buy tickets if they are reasonably priced. I think it's definitely worth it to see bands you really enjoy live. Once I'm at a concert I usually end up with some t-shirts or posters too but overall I still think it's worth it. I also love music festivals :)

15. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    The most I spend to follow my favorite artist is to purchase the digital versions of the songs I like. in some cases I will download the entire CD because I like the style of the artist, but I don't go to concerts and stuff anymore and I rarely purchase DVD versions of concerts. I have seen movies on occasion that feature the artist, but rarely.

16. AceOfHype

AceOfHypeNew Member

Threads:
    My beloved favourite artist does not receive a penny from me.

My every lasting loyalty in downloading their music without pay should be enough for them, haha.

17. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    You shouldn't be paid for your work. You should be glad you've got any work at all, that's the highest honour. And you can't measure honour by money...

18. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I never ever bought a CD's or DVD's in my life lol. I get in free thanks to the wonderful internet. Everybody would be so rich if you couldn't burn anything or copy it on the pc.

19. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    I only have 1 favorite artist as of the moment and so far,I spent a few pennies just for a collection of his photos. I am willing to spend more for CDs/DVDs and other memorabilia but unfortunately, those are not available in my country.. However, I will never give up. I will do my very best to get original copies of his CDs, DVDs. movies, etc... :D

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do the same thing with Utada Hikaru ,Gackt and L Arc En Ciel. It's expensive to be a fan of Japanese music because they release so many limited edition box sets and CD/DVD singles. The prices keep going up too. I buy mine from YesAsia.