How much do you spend in following your favorite artist?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by tosaytheleast • May 2, 2012.

1. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    None.

Unfortunately I just get my music from friends who are willing to share with me. All of it is therefore... free. I know, I might be a bad person, but almost everybody pirates nowadays... I'm sure the artists wont mind!

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Well my favorite band (Brand New) has released a new album too recently. But I've bought their cds and have seen them in concert 4 times. I've also bought a tee-shirt. So I've spent at least over $200, but don't know how much more. But that has been over quite a few years.

3. YoungNThrifty

YoungNThriftyNew Member

Threads:
    Well the two favorite artists that I've followed over the years have been this local hip-hop artist named Z-Ro and a local duo. One of the two members of UGK died in 2007 so after they released the album UGK was working on when he died, they haven't put out any new music or done any shows. I bought five of their albums, though. I paid about $20 per album and then I bought four solo albums from members of the duo for about the same. So that's $180 to follow UGK. Then I've bought six Z-Ro albums. That's $120 to follow him.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love music and have spent lots of money to go to concerts and ablums, that was years ago. Now I listen to the radio and look at concerts online.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Back in the 90's I spent thousands of dollars on Prince music and other merchandise, as well as a tattoo of his name. Ironically, much of the money I spent on his music was for bootlegged CDs which usually cost anywhere from 2x to 4x the price of regular CD's.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I only buy albums and good tickets for when my favorite bands are in my country. I'm willing to even fly to a different country to watch them. But one thing I'd never do is buy one of those deluxe box things :p

7. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    Well, I just spent 200 pounds on festival tickets, and that isn't even to see my favourite bands. Then on top of that, singular concert tickets and CD's. A decent amount, which would be more if I had a job.

8. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Honestly, back in the day before the Internet was so huge, I would spend a lot of time and money buying up posters, CDs, and going to concerts to see my favorite artist. But now days I can just surf over to YouTube and download music and watch music videos of my favorite artists. A lot of artists play at smaller venues too. I can buy a ticket to a state fair or something and get in for a free concert too, which often features some pretty good artists. It's a lot easier to enjoy the music and follow the big bands without having to spend as much money.

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That depends on the artist. Generally, if I really like them, and I have the option to buy their music in digital form for a reasonable price, I'll buy it. Most of the money goes to the concerts, though - whenever any artist I like is nearby, I CAN'T miss their concert, no matter what. :)

10. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    Interestingly enough, no. I prefer to keep my distance and strike only when they are walking down a closed alley. Joking, lol! No, I hardly follow any artist. I know that many people only do it for the money and not so much because they enjoy it. Well, at least the modern day versions of "rockstar" do. I mainly just listen to artists on youtube.

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sounds like you need to check some underground artists that barely break even on their music! :)

12. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite artist is Brian Wilson. However, I do not have the money right now to go to concerts or even buy new CD's, but the last CD I purchased was 'Smile' by Brian Wilson. If I had the money to go to concerts, the people I would see first would be: Brian Wilson (with or without the Beach Boys), Crosby Stills and Nash, and Jane Olivor.