How Much Do You Spend On Auto Repairs?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Hedonologist • Nov 16, 2015.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have probably spent over £600 this year, far more than I was expecting. I never really factored it into my budget and thus my disposable income was tarnished.

How much have you spent recently?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I did have some auto repairs but luckily a friend paid for them. I think they were about 300 dollars. Cars are so expensive. They always require something! I know mine needs a new battery too, which is another expense, although one I have been anticipating for a while. Sadly, it is the price you pay when you choose to have an automobile.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Well, they are at least not as bad as some other common repairs, and at least they are very easy to fix yourself. What repairs did you need that cost $300? Often you'll find labour costs are the bulk of repair, so it's worth learning some minor things yourself.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When our car was the 1993 Honda, we were spending so much for the repairs. Old cars are susceptible to breakdowns so we decided to sell it and buy a brand new one in 2013. We actually bought 2 cars in the year - a Ford Escape for my husband and a Mitsubishi Mirage for me, this is a people's car with a small engine. Although we spend for the regular maintenance, there are no repairs in the past 2 years.

5. Cash In Hand

Cash In HandMember

Threads:
    I spend less on repairs because I spend more on maintenance. The only parts of my car that I can't really maintain that are important are my tires and windows, and I don't really spend a whole lot on those because I don't have to replace them that often.