How Much Do You Spend On So-called "fast Food"?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by artyarson • Jun 21, 2016.

1. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Just wondering. I usually eat at Subway about 3-4 times a week. I do it once, usually for lunch. Sometimes it feels a little bit too much. And what is your story?

2. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    When I worked in NYC I would spend upwards of $25 every week on fastfood just because it was everywhere and so easy. Now that I don't leave work on my breaks, I eat much less fast food, which is good on my wallet and waistline. I would say I spend around $7 every two weeks as I don't eat it often

3. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time when I would buy fast food every weekend - on Saturdays. In my country people tend to eat light on Saturdays with hardly much cooking, so that is usually a popular day for getting takeaways from the fast food restaurants. However, since I have been watching my budget very closely lately, I have not bought any fast food for months now, but instead would cook a light and easy meal on Saturdays which usually works out much cheaper. So fast food used to be just once a week for me, except on the odd occasion during the week when I did not have the time to cook a meal and buying some fast food was the next option.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I would have had a much better answer if the "so-called" were not in there, because I think that my place can be lumped into that category, although it is not one of those chain places that we are all so familiar with. It is just a local cafe, but it is a grab and go type place and is a perfect breakfast for me, so that is where a lot of my money goes. Outside of that, though, I am pretty good at avoiding fast food joints.

5. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I only eat fast food when I have to or need a bite to eat or cave to cravings. I'm a vegan and none of the fast food chains really offer much for me anyways.

Plus it's like 3x the price it should be minimum, hate the idea of doing that to my wallet regularly.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely eat fast food nowadays because they're quite expensive, so I tend to eat cheaper meals, like those home-cooked ones that are being sold at a much cheaper price. Although if I can afford it, I'd probably buy pizza a lot.

7. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I don’t eat much from fast-food joints. The only time I enter a fast-food joint is when a friend of mine invites me out for a treat. As to where I eat, I usually cook my own food at home. I make sure to cook enough so that I can bring some for lunch when I go to work. I’m a health-buff so I’m very strict about what I eat.

8. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    We ate at McDonalds today. I go to town once a week to do the shopping. Probably half the time, I will bring some fast food home for everyone. It makes sense because I'm pretty tired after a day of shopping and don't really want to cook!

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When we have no housemaids, there's only me and my husband. It's not practical to cook because the labor is so much, not only in cooking but also in cleaning up the plates after eating. So what we do during those times would be to eat out or to order food for delivery. It is quite expensive, of course, but considering the saved labor, it is worth it. Now that we have 2 housemaids to help in preparing the ingredients - they also do the marketing during weekdays - we have the luxury of cooking in the kitchen, nice food and healthy too.

10. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Me and my family love Subway! We eat there at least once a week and paying for 5 people can indeed be expensive if you do not have that much money.
    However, I prefer to buy and make fresh foods as much as possible. It saves money and is more healthy.

11. surlaw

surlawMember

Threads:
    The only food I really get from fast food places are fries every so often, so I don't spend that much. I had Taco Bell the other night and spent a little over $15 if I recall correctly, and a few weeks before that I had some waffle fries from Chick-fil-a. I enjoy cooking too much to go out and buy fast food, so I only really do it if I'm particularly busy or craving something specific.

12. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    Fast food in my home is just a treat and not a weekly or monthly thing anymore. When I treat my son and myself, I usually just pay P300 or around $6. We only do this if he passed an exam or when he's included in the list of the honor roll. That's what he usually asks and sometimes, I also get him a toy that I can afford. Considering that most fast foods are not really healthy, it's not just money you're saving when you're limiting yourself and your loved ones, you're also saving your health.

13. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Whataburger is near our house and costs roughly $15.00 when my son and I go there which is 2 to 3 times a week. Also near our home is Pizza Hut which is around $20.00 which we probably order from there once a week. Then at least once a week we order sub sandwiches from a nearby chain which is an additional $21.00 a week. Once I take time to add all of this up, it is rather embarrassing how much I spend. Plus, to add salt to the wound, it doesn't do my waist line any favors.

14. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many people spend money on fast food because it beats the "inconvenience" of having to cook. However once you start cooking all your meals [you can cook in bulk once a week if you want to] fast food will lose it's allure.

I hardly ever eat fast food these days because I prefer to cook most of my food. Once in a while though [that could be once every two months or so] I could spend maybe $10 or less on fast food.