How much does a 6 month old Siberian Husky cost?

Discussion in Pets started by lindbergh • Aug 15, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dream dog is a Siberian Husky. I like their wolf-like features and their eyes. I have seen some in our local pet shop but I haven't inquired about their price yet. What do you think is the fair price for a 6 month old Siberian Husky?

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    My son wants a Siberian Husky too. I don't know how much they cost. Before I get one, I would have to do some comparison shopping online and see what different people are selling those dogs for and then come up with what I think is a fair price to pay. I think that I would want to get the husky as a very small puppy, It seems to me that at 6 months, the dog would already be kind of big.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    My friend bred dogs for sale and i remember the Husky being retarded expensive, something like 450$! He said these dogs are top notch and are a all-around good for every thing you might need a dog for. He is good for children, guarding your house, learning tricks, it's really awesome.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    You may want to check local shelters and rescues. Not only could you save some money, but also save a husky's life. There seems to be more and more breed specific rescues so you may want to see if there are any in your area. Also, it is not always a bad idea to get an older dog as the puppy days can be quite challenging with them chewing on things and trying to potty train them. You will have to decide what would work best for you. Best of luck!

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I second what the previous person said to check your local shelters first. Even if you don't find a husky you'll probably find another dog you may like. My thought is why buy when shelter dogs die? You'll be saving a pets life and the 100 or so dollars you pay to the shelter goes toward the dog being spayed or neutered and having it's shots/ and medical care and not just in the pocket of someone who wants to make a buck off of selling an animal.