How much drinkable water is still left in our world ? What happens when it's over ?

Discussion in Water started by donaldplozha • Jul 13, 2012.

1. bianca_tanner

bianca_tannerNew Member

Threads:
    I have read this posting and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions.

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I think that with our growing technology we really don't fully have to worry about this issue.
    I think it will last and last and it's really hard to put an end date to something like this.
    I would have to say that it will last for infinity and beyond(haha).

3. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    Water is always going to be here. The things that exists in this world can not live without it from a tree to a horse. Everything needs water for survival. Our bodies are made majority of water.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it's all a big cycle, so water will always exist, the question is how far are we from turning non-drinkable water into drinkable water in a really easy way.

5. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    We'll never run out of drinkable water. The planet is rigged to take care of this process on its own. So much angst being bred into people these days. It seems like everything needs to be a crisis.

6. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    For water being a natural resource I don’t think it can deplete since it’s also recyclable. But frankly I can’t recommend the percentage of drinkable water is left all over the world. I as well think more inventions are being discovered each day hence with time I think there will be machines invented to convert the salt water which is not drinkable can be converted into drinking water.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The amount of water always stays the same and we already purify it. The amount of ick in our water even now is disgusting. Already, people are being fined for collecting rain water.. can you believe rain is being claimed by governments?? I can see revolt as well eventually.. maybe not over the water issues, but this and many many issues of unfairness and the total collaboration the internet now provides.

8. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I have read that there is actually more water that's beneath the earth's surface than there is water on the earth's surface, even though water makes up about more than 96 per cent of the earth's surface; and, you need to take note that there is a way to make saltwater into freshwater although it is quite expensive to do so; and there are many filtration systems which can be used to make water which was not potable, contaminant free, so there will always be drinking water in the world for a very long time.

9. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I think we need to face facts that the time to start conserving water is now and not later. At more than 5 billion people in our planet water consumption is more than what we drink. We also need water to grow the tons of food people consume in a day. Water conservation should also include reducing food wastage. Less food wasted means less food we need to produce and in effect less water wastage as well.

10. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    How much drinkable water is available

All water is drinkable once it is purified. Nature purifies about 5.1x10 to the 14th cubic meters per year. That is about one meter deep of pure water over the surface of the entire world. Much of that is over the oceans and quickly gets mixed with sea water. we also have the technology to purify water. We just have to have the sense to use it wisely. One source says that is the volume of half a million empire state buildings

11. NeliaDillahunty

NeliaDillahuntyNew Member

Threads:
    i think the fresh water reserves are perishing day by day and something needs to be done.

12. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    did you guys just forget about rain? I mean even if youre experiencing less rain fall in your area, that doesnt mean its going to stop raining everywhere. Its not going to happen. Water doesnt disappear it just gets moved around. 75 percent of the earth is still water. Even without desalination plants salt water evaporates and comes back down as fresh water.

13. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    There are now technologies to purify any kind of water to make it drinkable. This would of course increase the cost of water in the future when our natural supply runs out. I really hope we do not come to that, our planet's resources are getting depleted enough to make the future seem very, very bleak.

14. Treadlight

TreadlightMember

Threads:
    Good question. What I always found amazing is that no one has ever been able to duplicate the chemical composition that actually makes water. Think of all the advances we have made with just mobile phones for instance..........and we can't make water. Amazing.