How much have you spent on apps so far?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Esperahol • Sep 25, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Like the title says I have to ask how much you've spent on apps so far. I currently have spent exactly nothing. I don't bother with tablets or smartphones. My mom and my sister have them, but I couldn't care apparently. All my extra change is feeding my deplorable gaming and reading addictions. How about ya'll?

2. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I don't spend money on apps, in general. There is one app that I really needed though, and I paid ten dollars for it. It's called easy tether, and I did need it for mobile internet for my laptop. After I bought it though, I saw that Amazon had it for free one day. That was a bummer. But that's the only one. There are so many good free apps, I guess the in app ads are the source of income for the creators.

3. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    I too spend nothing on apps! I believe that whatever you want can actually be found free on the app store be it in the form of an alternative app by another maker or by waiting till the app becomes free for a day or something. The app store has tons of awesome apps and most of them are free since the publishers are usually paid well by the advertisements that appear throughout the app as stated by olorien. I guess I wouldn't be paying for apps unless I absolutely need the app but this definitely would not apply for games! I just don't see the point paying for a game to be played in a 4 inch screen! I'll probably only pay, if necessary, for apps to improve productivity or organisational tools.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't spend a single cent on apps. I usually only download free apps or I check out blogs for free apps. I also check out the free sections or just hear from other people about free apps and download those. I don't have an iphone or a smartphone so I never really download apps.

5. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    The only app I've purchased was PowerAmp. All the rest of apps I have on my smartphone were downloaded for free.

6. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    The total amount I've purchased for Ipad apps was about $6. The apps were educational types for my kids. Most apps that they are using were downloaded free.

7. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy apps - I have found that all the apps I have needed or wanted so far have had a free version that has done the job well enough for me.

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really buy paid apps. I just use the free ones. I did bought one app which is the P.E.S 2012. This is a football game app and that's the only one I bought! :D I think that I will buy another app when the 2013 version of P.E.S will be release.

9. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Someone ought to start a free app thread going by these replies... If you'll excuse me - I need to go um do something.

10. deannatroupe

deannatroupeMember

Threads:
    Nothing. I never spend money on apps. There are waay too many great free apps for me to even consider spending money on apps. Besides, I usually have to delete apps at some point because they take up too much space on my phone.

11. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've spent less than $15 on android apps. I upgraded a free yoga total body workout that had several 20 minutes routines. It cost around $5 which costs less than a Yoga exercise DVD so to me that was a cheap investment. I bought an eBook for my 1 year old daughter and she has listened to it at least 50 times so that was a good investment as well. Lastly I downloaded a game for my 9 year old and since it keeps him from talking to me non-stop when we are at the doctor's office its money well spent for some silence.

12. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    The only apps I've paid for was the app for the Life in the UK test and the app for Driving test. Other than that, I would never pay for any apps that I don't need for something. If the apps are just games, I would always get it free all the time.

13. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I do not want to pay for any apps. only download for free.

14. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a few apps in the past and the total that I spent was probably 10 dollars.
    I would spend money on an app that I don't want so the ones that I did buy I really wanted.
    I don't see myself spending anymore money on apps because all the others are not worth it and I would feel like I am wasting my money.

15. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have spent only a couple bucks. I don't usually buy apps at all. I would rather use free versions. There was a particular game that I was playing during a rough time I was having and I did go ahead and buy the full version to help me through the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep. I don't regret it one bit either.