How much have you spent so far on paid apps?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Jaxter • Sep 26, 2013.

1. Jaxter

JaxterNew Member

Threads:
    I like to purchase more practical apps that I think I will be using for a long time on my phone such as the Swift Key keyboard and Nova Launcher app. So in total I've probably only spent like $5 so far. I find that a lot of the free apps are sufficient enough for me so I haven't really ventured in paying a premium price for them.

Are there any paid apps anyone recommends that you just can't seem to live without now? I would love to hear some recommendations from everyone.

2. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I agree with you that the free apps are plenty sufficient for happy use. I have purposely avoided app costs because I think once I start buying, I won't stop! I would rather use the free version of an app that has less features, than pay for the more in-depth app. I've also found that whatever I may pay for in an app, I can do on the internet with my computer for free. My objective has been to make my iPod Touch as cost-effective as possible, and staying away from app costs has been a huge part of that.

3. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    On my iOS devices, I've likely spent upwards of $200 on apps over the last few years. It's just so easy to do so and if I like a free product, I'll upgrade to the paid one to support the company. On my android, I've never paid for an app, not even sure how one would do so.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always had problems with my phone when I downloaded apps.. since stopping, no more issues. I only downloaded free apps when I did though.

5. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I have a Note 2 and I don't think Swift keyboard is necessary as the native keyboard would already allow you to slide through it when typing. :)

Have you guys heard of AppGratis yet? :)

6. minotechonline

minotechonlineNew Member

Threads:
    I've paid for a few apps. The first was DraStic emulator for Android. It was $6.99 but is by far the best Android DS emulator I have tried... almost better than Desmume on PC. The next one I got was SCR screen recorder which allows you to capture screencasts on your rooted android device... it ran me $6.14. I recently have been playing a lot of clash of clans since it has arrived on Android and I spent $10 so far in the in game shop. I also bought order and chaos online awhile ago which is an mmorpg for $7.99. So I would say around $30 is what I've spent. Not bad at all lol.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I spend a lot more time on my laptop, and I only ever download free apps for my phone and tablet, so I never have spent that much on apps, to be honest. Threre have been some that I just had to buy, though, but I wouldn't say I've spent too much on these, probably less than $100 for all of them.

8. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I spend about $20 a month on applications for my phones. I actually try to limit the amount of money I spend on my applications. The only reason I do so, is because I know there is always a way to get a better deal on stuff like that. You should never have to spend a lot of money on anything phone related because you can always get yourself a deal. You can use sites such as Amazon or eBay to find great deals.

9. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually spend money on apps because I am afraid I will lose them once I change to a new smartphone. However, I have learned that I'm able to keep the apps I have purchased from the previous smartphone, as long as it is the same operating system. I don't usually spend money on apps, but I have spent probably $2.99 on one of the note-taking apps.