How Much Is Your Maximum Budget For A Bag?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Nov 16, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So you don't carry a satchel or body bag when you go out? You must stuff your wallet and phone in your pocket then.

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually spend more than 5usd for a bag. That's because I buy my bags from secondhand shops. If you are prepared to go hunting, so to say, you can get some very good bags for practically nothing. Presently, I am using a slingbag which is just big enough for my tablet. In fact, that's what I bought it for.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cheap and unbranded bags usually cost less than $5, even a small to medium backpack or tote bag is less than $5. So you could already buy a brand new bag with your $5. But I guess if you're looking to buy those bigger and sturdier bags like hiking bags, then I guess going to the thrift shop is more practical.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a maximum amount of money that I can spend on a bag. I guess the most I have spent on a bag is around 200 bucks, but I would spend more if it was a really nice bag that I absolutely loved, was real leather and I could see was very durable and classic. I'm actually looking for a bag that I can use for many years and that is still good, so if that means I have to go over any budgets I may have, that's okay. However it's very hard for me to find one like that, I've been looking for a couple of years!

5. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the purpose. I usually only have 1 bag for each purpose and replace it when it's too worn. My most expensive bag was a camera bag that cost about $90. But I like it because it's high quality, comfortable and fits all my gear. For my everyday bag I buy something that's cute and sturdy but without a brand. The most I've spent is about $50 but I consider worth it because I used that bag almost everyday for college for about 2 years. For me bags are practical so I just buy a black one that goes with everything instead of using them as fashion accessories.

6. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Doesn't this depend on where you live? I was shopping for a bag for a gift exchange and couldn't find any for the $20 budget. Even the cheapest stores around didn't have bags in that price range. I do have a small cross body bag that was just $4 on clearance from Kmart but that's not a usual price around here, and that was a few years ago. Everything seems so expensive now a days.

7. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I am not really into expensive and designer bags. Yes, I love bags but I am not particular with the brand. My father used to remind us that you always have to live within your means and that you have to identify WANTS from NEEDS. The last bag I bought was a Kippling bag which costs me €35 and that was 2 years ago.

8. Victor Leigh

Threads:
    The chances of getting an original designer bag in a secondhand shop is very much higher than in a expensive bag shop in a shopping mall. There are just too many very realistic imitations on sale in the branded shops. In the secondhand shops, the label you see is the real one.

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't actually have a budget for bags. I have collected some over the years, so I can usually find something to use. If not, and if I can't afford to buy one, I'll borrow one. I've picked up some in thrift shops and consignment stores as well. I've also found great sales (this time of year especially), where I've picked up some nice purses and bags for much less than they normally cost. I like bags for some reason, but I'm not all that bothered to go out and buy them. I've also been looking at lots of cute patterns lately, so I may start making some.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe.. Was that $4 bag an unbranded one? Over here, in the non-branded section in the department store and even in the supermarket you can see those cheap bags and clothes. You can also try looking in Ebay using their filters, lots of Chinese sellers auction nice bags there, and they're pretty cheap.

11. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I must be the cheapest woman in the world, LOL. I hate to shop and spend money (something my boyfriend is still baffled about) so when I do get a bag, I hit the local thrift stores and look for one. I think the most I've spent is $2.00 on one. I was with a friend and she bought one for $75.00 and I almost hit the floor. I just can't see spending all that money on something so frivolous. It just does not make sense to me to pay so much money for just a bag.

12. bbwal

bbwalNew Member

Threads:
    The maximum budget for a bag definitely should be a personal choice, that can be personalized according to your own budget. Yet if you do have a strict budget I think 25-30 dollars is reasonable. Other budgets with least restrictions can be higher, yet if you want to be frugal and be wise with your funds go with the 25-50 dollar range.

13. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, bags are a luxury that I typically don't purchase for myself. Occasionally I will find one on clearance for less than $10 but if not I always get one at Christmas.

14. Victor Leigh

Threads:
    Good to know that you are still receiving gifts. Myself, I have not received anything for Christmas or any other festive season, for more years than I can remember. So what do you do with your old bags? Surely you don't wear out a bag a year. My bags last for years and years.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only bags that I get to see being worn out are those you use everyday and put alot of heavy things in, like a school bag. The rest can last for years.

16. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    The most that I would spend on a bag is about $20. I am really hard on bags so I don't want to spend too much money on something that I will have to keep buying. I try to find them when they go on sale so I won't spend too much money on them. If I am buying the bag as a gift for someone else, I will spend more than I would on myself. I am frugal so I won't spend too much on myself. I don't buy bags for people all of the time so I don't have a problem spending a little more on their bags.