How much is your monthly water bill?

Discussion in Water started by JoanMcWench • Feb 24, 2014.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I currently rent and do not have the burden of a water bill. I was researching my area and seeing what the monthly cost would end up being upon purchasing a house. I was wondering: what area do you guys reside in and what is your current monthly water bill totals? I'm trying to find out which area is cheaper than which.

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    My water bill varies from month to month but averages at around $6. There are only three people in the house and we don't cook so the usage isn't very high. As to your question about which area is cheaper, that I can't answer as we're probably living in different countries. :p

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    How on earth can it be $6. My bill is £16/month and that is for just me. My bill is lower than average for the UK so $6 is extremely cheap.

4. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Ours is very high. I'm not even sure why because there are only two of us. I mean, I wash clothes and dishes and we both shower (thank goodness), but I don't feel that our water consumption is overly high. However, our bill is generally over $100 a month.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only pay about $20 per month on water, what I consider to be very cheap. It's ridiculous in my country, depending on the city some people can pay 5 or 6 times more, I don't know who made that law, I am just glad I don't pay much.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would really recommend checking to make sure you don't have a leak then. I don't know your area, so it's possible that others in your area are getting high bills like that, too. Check with your neighbors or local friends (if you're comfortable) and find out if theirs are that high, too. If they're not, it's very possible you have a slow trickle/drip of a leak that is jacking up your price. It really shouldn't be that high unless you're doing things like filling a pool, showering/running the dishwasher and washer/running the water in general constantly.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, everyone around here gets high bills. Some aren't as high as ours, but they're much higher than what you would expect them to be. I live in a very small town, and the Town is responsible for providing lights, water and garbage services. They charge REALLY high rates. All together, my electric, water, sewer and garbage runs me $600 a month, and our place isn't big at all.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's crazy. Immensely expensive especially in comparison to a lot of people here. $600 a month is like paying rent to live there. What's the general part of the world you're in?

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    $600 really isn't that high when you consider that she's getting electricity, sewer, garbage AND water. The bulk of that cost is likely the electricity. Heck, I pay between $400 and $500 on electricity every month during peak seasons where the heat or AC has to be ran. The water portion of that bill likely isn't that high.