How much mobile data do you need each month?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by pandandesign • Dec 25, 2013.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Some cell phone companies advertise that data plan provides unlimited data service, which is not because it provides up to certain GB in which you sign up for. I normally use between 2 to 3 GB each month depending on how heavy I use the internet. I mainly use it for business, which requires a lot of data usage because I do a lot of researches. Plus, I use Internet to watch videos and write articles. How much data do you use each month?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure how much data I use each month because it really depends on what my activities were and if I'm watching a lot of videos. But I think that if I just surf all day with no downloading, probably around 1 GB max per month. If I download and watch movies then it's a lot more than 1 GB.

3. AskJeeves

AskJeevesMember

Threads:
    I honestly don't use my internet that much. I have one whole gigabyte of data, but I never even come close to using all of it. I watch videos, go on Facebook, and pretty much surf the web when I am bored. I have been thinking about downgrading, but even with that there is a huge fee associated. Once my plan is over, I will consider a plan with less data.

4. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Well I get 1Gb of data per month and this is usually absolutely fine for me. However I got an alert from 02 today telling me that my data had run out. No idea how I managed that.

If it happens again next month I will upgrade to 2GB

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My plan claims to have unlimited data, but it slows down after I hit 2.5 gigs. I usually never hit 2.5 gigs unless I'm watching videos on my phone. I have a couple of TV apps on my phone for when I have to wait for long periods of time.

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    There are still a few plans that say they offer unlimited data. Though, I think that if you read the fine print then you can see that your data drastically gets reduced after a certain usage. That is why after you reached a certain amount of data usage your internet may go the same speed as dial up.

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    This is what I learned when I actually found out about the unlimited data plan on my mobile device. It does slow down after 4.5 GB, which I thought it was misadvertised, but if it does say in the small print that the data will slow down once you've reached certain amount.

8. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Virgin Mobile with "unlimited" data. My work has changed so I don't use as much data as I used to. It is handy to be able to Google info whenever I have a question.

9. fairydust007

fairydust007New Member

Threads:
    Since I have wifi at home, I really don't use a lot of data on my phone. When I'm home I am connected to my wifi. I only us my data when I'm somewhere that doesn't have wifi. So many places have free wifi, though. Even my kids' doctor has free wifi. So, I am able to only have a small amount of data each month and survive. Last month I only used 500MB of data. I was really proud of myself, honestly.

10. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Only about 100mb per month, but then I only use for chat apps and occasional picture sharing so the data load isn't that great. My 1gb per month never comes close to being used up entirely.

11. dapapas

dapapasNew Member

Threads:
    I'm on a family plan for 8gb. On a heavy use month, Ill run through close to 4 of that. My wife, son, and daughter have to share the rest. We went pretty close to going over last month because my daughter thought it would be a good idea to use facetime around the house on her iphone without connecting to the wifi that we have. :-(

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't browse much on my phone except when I'm away from home and I'm compelled to look something up online. For that reason therefore , I don't think I use over 100MB of data in one month. At most maybe I'd need like 2-3 MB in one day.

13. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    With my plan, I get unlimited so I don't really pay attention to how data much I use. I don't think it's a whole lot though, maybe 2-3gbs or less. I have toned it down a lot because back when I didn't have unlimited data I was always going over my monthly allowance and now I don't do nearly as much stuff on my phone as I used to.

14. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    I have a 4G LTE Verizon smartphone, and I typically use less than 500MB per month. There's ample wifi everywhere I need it, university, home, coffee shops, downtown, so really the only place my phone uses data is when I am driving. Most of my data is on WiFi, where I use 6GB or so per month.