How much money did you spend on your computer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by xcmiller93x • May 11, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    How much money did you spend on your computer? I think mine was a little bit over $900.

2. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I only spent 700 on my computer and my 20 in Samsung Monitor.
    Its a Gateway Desktop and it runs pretty well. But I am saving up to
    get a MacBook and I know thats going to cost about 2 gs...

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I did spend just $250 for my computer. I bought this from ebay and its a refurbished computer. It doesn't have an operating system when i bought it so i just install the operating system and some software. I think its alot better than My old computer though so I didn't regret buying it.

The best thing that happened when i bought this is that i saved $200 to buy some accessories.

4. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    My current netbook I got very cheaply. All it can really do is browse the internet, I can't really download much or play games on it since it doesn't have any memory or any decent RAM level. My laptop probably cost about $250 I think, it was around 170GBP about three years ago and it's lasted me since. It's definitely been worth the money I paid for it!

5. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I bought my netbook a few years ago and I spent around $250 on it. My desktop at the moment is getting on in years (I think it's nearing 8 now) and I paid around $1500. But that's only because it was a customized Dell PC. Now that I think about it, it was a pretty good investment on my part because it's still running very well for such an old machine.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Roughly $700. It's worth way more than that, but I bought several of my parts wholesale and then we built it from scratch, so it ended up being much cheaper than it would've been had I tried buying the same thing prepackaged in a box.

7. christina_5179

christina_5179New Member

Threads:
    My husband recently bought a laptop & it was about $900 with insurance. I definately didn't want to skip out on buying insurance, something always seems to go wrong if you don't. He also bought this really cool laptop lap cushion and enjoys it for gaming.

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Well, we already had a flat screen monitor given to us by a friend so that saved quite a bit. The tower came out to be something 350 and it does everything I need it to and then some.

9. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I spent about $2000 on my laptop and then it promptly got stolen. I was not insured, I know stupid right...so it was just one complete loss. Anyway, life goes on...Then I was given another one as a gift from my brother for free. So, I feel like I got my laptop back in spirit. (-:

10. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Roughly around $1000. I'm not sure. 1/5 of that was spent on this wicked custom case that I had to get though. My CPU now looks like a Transformer and has pretty decent cooling to boot. I've done alot of switching around of parts over the years so I'm guessing I've maybe spent a bit more on it than $1000.

11. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    The last time I put together my own computer, I spent about 1000usd. It was a full tower casing with server quality motherboard and full rating power supply. That computer lasted me for nearly ten years. Changed ram just once. The motherboard was really durable. It was an MSI.

Now I am using a laptop which someone didn't want anymore.

12. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    I think my computer cost around $800. Buying all the parts to make my computer how I wanted was what cost the 800. Most of the items I got (hard drive, keyboard, etc.) were on sale too, so I saved a couple hundred dollars on that.

13. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    My old computer crashed unexpectedly, so I just bought the cheapest laptop I could find, which was a Toshiba for $400. It isn't my dream computer, by any means.

14. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Far too much. I have an HP laptop that should have cost around $700 but I've paid $1,000 on it and then some because I did a rent-to-own thing. I knew what I was getting into at the time and I'm okay with it. But, man! That can really make something cost way more than it should. I needed a laptop because I had some health issues keeping me from being able to get up and around as much as I used to and it was hard to sit at the desk for a stretch of time. Since I work online, I really kind of needed one.

15. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a whole set of gaming PC for about $700-$800. It comes with a 4GB DDR and 2GB graphic card with a triple core processor. Its processor is AMD that's why it is a little bit cheaper compared to i5 processors from intel.

16. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I spent about $500 on my most recent laptop, but I would like to pay more. The more expensive laptops are come with better RAM and storage space.

17. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I bought my netbook about 1 year and a half ago, and it costed around $450 (USD). I didn't know I could have bought it online though, so I bought it in a physical store.

18. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I made the terrible decision to lease my Dell laptop and it cost me $600 over four years. It was the wrong choice as I had the money and could have immediately purchased a laptop (d'oh and stupid me). Nevertheless, this is a fantastic machine and I always recommend people in the market for a computer to not be miserly because the machine must last for a very long time.

I bought this computer four years ago and it's still in superb condition. I really hope this lasts me at least six years.

19. afterhours

afterhoursNew Member

Threads:
    I think I spent about $800 + a 2 year warranty. We even got a wireless mouse that we've been using for years.

20. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I went to Staples with the intention of spending $300+ on a computer that was already on sale, but they only had the display available, so they knocked a few more dollars off and I didn't even have to worry about trashing the box. I think it was just under $300 with tax included. Thus far, it's been a steal.