How Much Money Do You Spend On Food&drink Daily ?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mbuzma • Jan 23, 2018.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I think I only spend about 5 $ on average, since I'm saving up for something and really need the money. I don't live in a first world country so it is easier for me to spend less on food and drink ( though of course, this is offset by having lower wages ). Even then I mostly buy healthy food, and only rarely fast food, soda and other unhealthy stuff.
    Anyway, how much do you guys spend on average ?

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to talking about daily, I rarely spend anything daily especially on days I stay at home unless some things I need in the kitchen are over. When I spend the day outside home, I can buy food for $1. So technically, what I will spend on food daily especially when I go out can range between$1 to $2.

3. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    It is hard for me to calculate how much I spend daily on food. I always buy my food in bulk monthly. So a ball-park figure for my monthly shopping would be around $200 or so. But it also depends on the season. In winter, I tend to spend more on food than in summer. Maybe I eat more to keep warm :).

4. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    Here's breakdown of what I spend on food on a daily basis:

2 bananas: $0.7
    yogurt: $0.5
    fresh orange juice: $0.2
    150 grams of beets: $0.1
    50 grams of cereal: $0.2

total: $1.7

This is what I make sure I have at home every day. Of course, I eat other meals, as well. I would assume they cost no more than $1.5, which would bring the total to $3.2. That's in Eastern Europe by the way.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    On average, I use $2. I have found a good way to save on money for food since its recurrent expenditure and one can rate a good amount over time. Porridge mixed with cooking fat and some lemon tossed in and cooked together gives one a full delimi throughout the day and I can even spend less than 0.5$ when at home.

6. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I'm still a student so I usually just bring packed lunch and snacks. But I also bring money with me and I spend $2 daily. But if I'm saving for something, I don't buy any food and drink because I have packed food and drink.

7. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it is nice to read how shrewd you're with spending less on food and drinks on a daily basis for that is the way one should get to save some funds for future investment purposes. I always try as much as I could to spend $3 daily on food and try not to have drinks until when it is weekend when I feel the need to relax.

8. challengingthewriter

challengingthewriterNew Member

Threads:
    I don't spend money daily on food, I tend to buy food items, weekly. But it's less than $10 if I convert the rate I use to dollars. It mostly because I am lazy and I am far away from home. If I was home, I would spend more than $10 daily on food, but it won't be from my pocket. :)

9. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have a caffeine addiction problem and feel like taking tea anytime of the day especially when I am outdoors and have to visit cafes as a result. Sometimes I can spend as much as $1 on tea but I am now trying to but my costs through drinking of copious amounts of water.

10. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, you are a saver, I cannot keep myself on buying less food or drinks. I usually spend around 20 -30 dollars every day for the food and drinks we consume (It is me and my wife and we have two kids), so being four people I don't think I spend too much.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Over here, we also spend around only $5 to $6 on food, since my dad doesn't cook food anymore so he just buys them. I can cut it down to $2 or $3 since I buy canned goods, since it's cheaper.

12. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For a family of 4 plus 3 dogs, our food budget is $10 per day. Our usual food is meat dish and for our dogs, we buy them meat or fish that we cook. The food budget covers breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you will ask, that budget is frugal already considering that we belong to the middle class family and what we eat are decent food with quality as priority. By the way, that includes fruits and desserts.

13. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never calculated how much money goes for my every day food. Usually I buy one month ration in advance, except vegetables, or the items that get damaged soon. based on my monthly expenses on food, I think I spend around $5 every day. Sometimes my daily budget for food is higher than $5, especially when I am eating a lot of meat products. Sometimes I fast (for health, of course) and my food budget is down to $1 (I drink only juice).

14. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    This is a good question! I was just figuring out the other day how much I spend on food, and ways to make it last longer so I won't be so broke at the end of each month. I spend approximately $3.00 for lunch daily, and then when it comes to dinner, I usually make a casserole-type dish that I try to stretch out to last me a few nights. The cost to make a standard casserole (for me) is about $12.00. Been thinking about making larger portions to last me even longer. ;)

15. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Ours is a lavish household when it comes to eating and drinking. No account is kept on a daily basis I wonder if anyone keeps such an account. My advice to anyone is when it comes to eating and drinking no stinginess should be ethere. May be that can be done for clothes and stuff. I do no even make a concession for my favourite food - chocolates (lol)

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I loved McDonald's 2/$3 which was a medium french fries and a double cheese burger just for $3! I enjoyed it, but it faded and I stopped buying. Today I found a $1 slurpee and 1.29 cheese taco taquito, so I like this which is cheaper. I know it isn't all that healthy, but it's cheap and when I'm on the go and hungry I like cheapest I can get. I like to keep a budget when I spend for my household. Now I saw a commercial for Wendy's 4/$4 so I'm going to check it out. I like Jack In The Box $1, 2, 3, $4 specials too. I got where it's easy to get with the bus and cheapest...so far I like 7-11 $1 slurpee and 1.29 taquito. I get a .69 cookie too at 7-11. It's good to get something under $5!

17. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    It varies from day to day. Sometimes if the weather is bad I will make do with what I have in the house but then I might spend twice as much the next day. I would say I spend around £5-10 on a daily basis sometimes more and sometimes less and I do a big shop every 7-10 days.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if there's a fixed food budget for my family of two (my wife and me) but I can give you a rough idea about my spending (only for food items which does not consist of gas and other related items). If we are in India the rough estimate is INR 5-8000 (roughly dollar 90-130 per month and if we are in Australia then it is about AU$ 400-500 per month.

19. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I've never actually tried to work it out. I buy all my groceries once a month or so. Usually if I buy anything at any other time, it's because it ran out suddenly. If you're talking about takeout, then I only eat out about once a week or so. Basically, I spend on healthy food rather than takeout.

20. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well it just depends on a lot, but I love the days when I can think back and realize I did not spend anything on food. Of course that means it is something I probably already bought, but still it is a good feeling.