How much money will a decent laptop be for casual use?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by 7zer0z • Jun 24, 2014.

1. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I've had the laptop that I'm using for about 3 years. It was the cheapest laptop at Best Buy when I got it. Overall it's ran pretty good. All I really use it for is browsing the internet and watching YouTube videos. But it's starting to get pretty slow and giving me lots of errors. I've tried restoring it to factory settings and that doesn't really help too much. I think its just getting too old. I'm considering getting a new one but I don't really want to invest too much money in to it. How much do you think I would have to spend for a laptop that I'm only going to use for YouTube and browsing the internet? And no I don't want a tablet or a netbook so don't even suggest that. I don't want an extremely cheap laptop because I want the web browsing To Be Fast. I just want something that will be fast with loading the web but I don't need extremely high specs because I'm not going to be playing games on it or anything like that.

2. soulite

souliteNew Member

Threads:
    I was looking around Dell.com the other day and I saw some pretty nice laptops for only $249. They also have some clearance Windows 7 laptops for that price with pretty good specs. I think I saw a new laptop on HP that can be converted into a tablet that's only about $349, if that's something you'd be interested in. The best thing to do is to go on Amazon and look at used/refurbished laptops. You can usually get $50-$100 off used laptops on Amazon.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen used laptops selling for as low as $79 but if I were you I'd avoid those. Sometimes the price of something could hint at the quality of what you're going to buy. Like soulite, I would recommend buying a refurbished laptop. They won't be as expensive as new laptops but they'll be much better used ones. So if you're looking for a deal online, go for refurbished laptops.

4. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I would recommend Asus laptops. They are cheap, have very good specs, and very important they don't overheat. I bought my laptop for 500 euros and I can even play brand new games on my laptop.

You can buy cheaper for 500 dollars, they are great for browsing and YouTube. They are cheaper because they have an integrated graphic card. Unless you're playing games you don't need dedicated graphic card.

5. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Budget about $200 to be on the safe side. And this day and age computers have become a lot cheaper and much more accessible to the average consumer. If you bought something for 200 you would get a really high end computer. The computer would be very efficient and for daily usage it would suffice. If you're looking to do more with your computer then it would be better for you to look at budgeting around $500. If you want a really high end computer then I would suggest about $1000 would get you something that would really work to your advantage.