How Much Time Do You Spend At The Beach?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by H.C. Heartland • Mar 21, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I was just reading a sight that recommended spending regular amounts of time at the beach for health and happiness. I had never lived near a beach before but now we have moved to an area where we are about 10 minutes away. It has been 2 months and we have barely stepped foot on it! I don't know how people find the time. What about you? Would you make a regular visit to the beach if you lived near one? And if so, why. I have read that the salt water is really good for skin conditions, the sun gives you vitamin D, and the sounds of the waves are very relaxing.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rented once on a beach and it is amazing. It was winter and I still enjoyed it. If I could I would eventually move near the ocean as it is very calming and relaxing. I don't sit an sun bathe, but I like to walk on the beach and watch the sea, so I could easy spend all day there and used to sit on my porch and watch the sea each day.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sadly, I have never lived near the beach. Now that I live in a landlocked country, chances of that happening are nil lol! But if I did live within walking distance of the beach, I would take full advantage of it and frequent it. It's just very relaxing, and I'd people watch and draw inspiration for my writing articles :) I'd take some of my work there and enjoy working outdoors!

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't currently live near the beach; I was born and raised in the city. The last time I went to the beach was about two years ago already, it was before my college graduation. I decided to visit my grandfather in our province and just relax for a while before finding a job and facing the harsh realities of life. I am not really a good swimmer, but I absolutely love lying on the sand.

5. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you should do at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise a week for your health, and ideally, get a good dose of vitamin D everyday. It feels like going to the beach is an ideal way to fit that in. Actually, to just walk to the beach and back would be 20 mins exercise, already close to a good time of activity per day. I would really say it's worth it -- walk there, get a picnic, soak in the sun's vitamin, walk in the sand (it's good for your feet), swim if you want, walk home. Seriously. Take the time!