How Much Was Your Wedding?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by forextraspecialstuff • Jul 19, 2014.

1. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Weddings these days seem to be out of control with regard to cost. If you don't mind sharing, how much was your wedding? I am getting married in about 6 months and tried to keep the costs down but we are already at $65k, the cost per person at the venue, parking, a band, photographer it seems impossible to keep the cost down. I understand that I made these choices and I don't have to spend the money--definitely not looking for sympathy--but I am curious as to how much people are actually spending.

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    We kept our wedding costs very low by having a backyard wedding. We had our wedding at my in-laws house and my mother-in-law also made the cake so we didn't have to worry about that cost either. We did have to buy the dress, food, and decorations. We tried to keep other clothing costs low. My husband and his groomsmen wore black jeans with collared shirts and ties. It might sound very casual but our theme was "country" so they fit right in and look great in the pictures! We also hired a photographer and people to do the bridal party's hair. I would say that all together, we probably spent about $4000 and that was split between us and my in-laws. I loved our wedding because it was just "us." We aren't fancy people. We are the type who like to have a BBQ and hang out in the backyard so our wedding was perfect. Everyone understood what we were going for and didn't think we were being cheap at all. Its been 2 years and I still get compliments on how much people enjoyed our wedding.

I don't think its necessary to spend a fortune on a wedding. Just make it about you and your husband and your personalities.

384231_1570477500564_1920383805_n.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Oh geez, I wanted a small wedding, but doesn't seem like it is going to cost us quite a bit. Maybe not to some, but this is the most extravagant things I have ever been too in my life and it is my wedding. Our wedding is going to be in 2016, we put the money down to secure our date. We are probably going to spend about 10-11k on our wedding in the end. However, it will be beautiful, I won't lie, so I am a little excited about spending that much money.