How Much Would You Spend on a Pair of Sunglasses?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Mystique • Jun 28, 2012.

1. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    How Much Would You Spend on a Tube of Lipstick?

Out of curiosity, I browsed some exclusive brands of make-up and I found a very nice shade of lipstick that I like. It's Christian Dior and it is priced at $20. With the way things are right now, I don't think I'll spend that kind of money on lipsticks (don't think I ever will!).

Would you spend that much money on a tube of lipstick?

#1Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  2. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    No - even if I had the money I wouldn't. I really respect the value of a dollar and that's just a rip off because of who made it. I wouldn't spend more than 8 or 9 and it has to be something I really really want like an exclusive shade or special edition colors. Im not a huge lipstick user either - more of a gloss girl

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Definitely not. I think 20 bucks is far too much for a lipstick. Even if I liked the shade, I'm sure I could find a similar shade in another brand that would serve me just fine.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the past, I think I paid around $18 for lipstick. I think it was Dior too. Not only did I love the color, it went on very smoothly. I loved it. Now, I wouldn't pay that much. When my financial situation improves, I can see myself paying that much for the right lipstick.

5. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I know Dior lipsticks have a smooth texture and I love the colours. I earn in USD over here and I could easily buy one, but when I do the maths in my head including the conversion :D I cringe and I decide it's best to buy something cheaper. Perhaps, one day when I can buy it without cringing then I would definitely buy a Dior lipstick. The colours are just divine!

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really wear lipstick, but when I do it does not cost more than $5. I don't if it cost that much. I get lip gloss from the Dollar store and my daughter does Mary Kay and she gives me her left overs.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, these are an item that I like to look like I have designer glasses without spending all that cash because I lose them anyway. So, I get the knock offs, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, D&G, etc. If you need a pair PM me and I will hook you up.

#7Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  8. adriana2012

adriana2012New Member

Threads:
    I do not like to spend a lot of money on sun glasses because the trends change every year and we can't use the old ones anymore, but this year I've spent about 100$ on a pair of sun glasses Ray Ban.
    I am not very proud of me, but I like them very much...:)

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't spend that much on sunglasses either when I know that they buy them in bulk and they are making such a hugh profit of them. I know for a fact because I use to work in the doctors office that do prescriptions for people and I know how it works. You are paying a fortune and I know how they go about pricing and everything. So you may as well buy them at the 99 cents only store and save.

10. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    The title says sunglasses but you are talking about lipstick? Odd.

Depends what you are using them for. If you drive all day or play sports or fish that require glasses then investing in a decent pair makes senses. If you don't really need them then it doesn't. I bought a decent pair of polarized glasses for golf because it makes the experience better and cheap glasses just won't do.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It looks like she started with sunglasses and then edited it to say lipstick. The url and main thread title still say sunglasses, but within the post itself, it says "How Much Would You Spend on a Tube of Lipstick?" at the top. Oops.

12. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    If I had the money and loved the shade, I probably would as a serious treat to myself - it isn't something I would make a habit of. I do know that Dior lipsticks and make up in general is of really high quality - so it would be worth the spend! Plus, they go on a dream! :)

13. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Oh I'd spend any amount just for a tube of lipstick...as long as it's in my budget limit. Let's just say that $20 isn't bad at all.

14. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    No more than 20. Thats all I can really do for some regular glasses.

15. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    No, especially if it wasn't made of natural ingredients. As far as I'm concerned, non-natural makeup should all be under $5 since they are so bad for your skin. If it were natural, then I might consider paying up to $10 - if that. But for some brand name lipstick infused with chemicals and other cancer-causing crap - I will ALWAYS pass.