How My Former Cable Provider Screwed Me

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Colebra • Nov 3, 2015.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    A couple of months ago I decided to change my cable provider.
    The new one is half the price, and the internet is way better.

Now, I understand that companies just can't let a customer walk out.
    The cancellation can't be effortless, and they need mechanisms in place to change your mind, or at least get your feeback. I get all that. But this is ridiculous.

Day 1:

I go to the store, and have all the paperwork in order.
    They let me know that they can't accept it. I need to go through a phone call, where they call me, and try to change my mind.
    Only then I'll be allowed to submit my cancellation papers.

A few minutes later I take the call while I do my shopping.
    Took about 20 minutes. These guys just can't take a hint.
    But at least, I'm now allowed to file the cancellation papers.
    I do so, about 10 minutes later.
    Coincidentally, on the form that I download from their website, there's no place to write the date of the signing...

Day 2:

I'm a busy guy, and I could have never expected what followed, so at this point almost a month went by.
    I call the customer service and ask what's up.
    They tell me that I need to wait for another call to confirm the cancellation.
    I ask is my cancellation form is in their computer system. The dude can't see it. Probably hasn't been inserted on the computer he says. Again, almost a month went by.

Day 3:

Something like a week goes by.
    I call again.
    The girl who takes my call is very apologetic. She assures me that I won't be billed after the 09th of September, which was when I filled the cancellation.

Day 4:

They call me, but I'm at work and can't take the call.
    I ask if they can call me on my lunch break. Of course they can.
    But now they call and just let it ring once. Or hang up as soon as I pick up.

This is when I start to get really pissed off.

Later in the day or the day after, I finally get a call where there's a speaking Human being on the other side, and I'm not at work.
    But it's not about the cancellation!!!
    I need to go through another BS call in order for my landline number can change from one company to another....
    The dude asks me "Why in heaven did you decided to cancel our service?".
    We also thinks that "Filling a cancellation at the store isn't how it's done. They take faxes or mail usually... But most likely there won't be a problem."

I never though I'd be a grown up screaming at some random customer service line. But on this day, I was...

Day 5:

I call again.
    The dude who picks up let's me know that he only has to do whatever on the computer, and I'll be all set.
    The call takes 40 minutes, which amounts to about € 15 on my bill.
    I'm just whistling away, because I'm convinced this will be the end of it.

They also make an make appointment to send somebody over to pick up their equipments.

Day 6:

Nobody shows up to pick up the equipments.
    A day at the gym was lost.
    I don't even call.

Day 7:

They call again to make another appointment.
    No apology for day 6.
    Since I was cashing in on some vacation days from work, I was able to schedule the thing for a week day.

They show up and take their crap.

Day 8:

Of course I got a bill for the month of October...
    Again, I filled the papers on the 9th of September.

I go to their store.
    Right off the gate I'm asked "Well, do you have a certification?".

They file a BS complaint on their system, and I need to wait 72 hours for a response.

Now:

I'm waiting for their call.

Is this how things work where you live?
    What's a guy supposed to do?