How Often and for How Long Do You Exercise in a week?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by jdwriter • Aug 14, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be the same way and I know many people who get a rush out of it.. I totally get it :)

2. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    You should always have at least one day break from working out the same muscle group. That's why I alternate with different muscle groups, for example: on Monday I might work out my arms and shoulders, Tuesday abs and cardio, Wednesday shoulders and chest, Thursday abs and cardio, Friday legs and arms, and then 2 rest days.

It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but I think you get the point. Plus it really depends on what you're goals are and how much time you have during the week to workout. But a little bit of exercise everyday is good, even if it is going for a walk or a small run.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I work out 6 days a week for an hour, which comes out to 6 hours a week. I usually leave Sundays to rest, and I've never felt too tired. The best thing you can do is get a good night's sleep every day, I think that's the key to not feeling overworked in the long run.

4. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I know that. I do excessive aerobics and I find myself, if I don't rest at least two days which are separate through out the week, I wouldn't have a motivation. I guess my motivation is that I will rest on one of the coming days and it's really helpful.

5. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    My doctor asked me to brisk walk for 45 minutes a day as I developed a high level of triglycerides. I walk for 5 times a week and not more than 45 minutes a day. I keep moving away every half-hour from my computer.

6. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    That's awesome. How old are you? and does it feel hard for you to walk 5 times a week and not more than 45 minutes a day? Share your experience with me.

7. superbobby

superbobbyNew Member

Threads:
    I run and swim alternately every morning for about an hour. I try to let my legs recover as much as possible from a long run by swimming the next day. I go to the gym every other day in the afternoon for weightlifting. I try to eat as much protein as possible to be able to quickly recover from my exercises. I'm not a fan of counting calories so I eat when I'm hungry and stay away from sugars as much as possible.

8. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I usually try to work out 3 times a week for 40 minutes each time. Ideally, I'd workout about 5 times a week, 40 minutes each time. Life always seems to get in the way.