How Often Do You Buy A New Hairbrush?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Jan 26, 2015.

1. Molly

MollyNew Member

Threads:
    Good question! Apparently I am not buying them frequently enough! I usually by a new one when mine breaks, or when the bristles start falling out. I guess it makes sense to get new brushes frequently to reduce hair breakage.

2. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever use hairbrushes. I used to use them a lot when I was a lot younger, but somehow or the other, I got out of the habit of doing so. I only use a comb on my hair now, I don't worry to brush it except on the very odd occasion. I am not even sure what a brush here would cost nowadays since I have not bought one recently. I do have one here still, though, and it is in fairly good condition. I guess I will have to wash it if I do decide to use it some day.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    When my hair was still straight, I usually buy hair brushes once a year. I don't know if it is recommended to change your hair brushes once in a while but I don't actually buy one every now and then. As of now, I have my hair curled so I don't often brush it, or should I say I never brush it anymore, I just used my fingers to untangled the strands every time I take a shower :)

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really keep a count of how often I buy hairbrush, I know that in a year I buy airbrush at least two times. I don't use hairbrush that much as I always cut my hair totally low every two weeks. I hate keeping hair for long before cutting, I look better when I cut my hair.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not use a hairbrush or comb for years now. I have found out that after taking a bath if I massage my hair and bring them in shape they stay there better than when I used to brush or comb my hair. It saves me from bacteria the brusheh and combs gather if you you don't clean or replace them.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought a new hairbrush in several years. I have 3 I use, as well as some combs. I keep one brush up here, another in the bathroom downstairs, and one in my purse. Since I'm usually home, I don't brush my hair nearly as often as I used to. When I was working, it seemed I was constantly fixing and brushing my hair, but these days, I probably only brush it 2-3 times per day. I do wash my brushes with shampoo every few weeks or so, and I also clean them out in between, removing any hair.

7. AlexZ

AlexZMember

Threads:
    A once-a-month guideline is a good suggestion, but it really depends on what you put on your hair from day to day. People who use a lot of heavy, petroleum-based products in their hair need to clean their combs and brushes more frequently than those who stick to more water-based products. If you use your hairbrush daily, pull any hairs out of the brush when you're finished styling your hair. That way, when it comes time to wash it, you'll have less hair to pull out at that time. The same goes for your comb after grooming, get rid of any hairs that are caught in it