How often do you buy clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by addicted_buyer • Jun 3, 2012.

1. HDHarper

HDHarperNew Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy clothes. I usually buy something to replace something else that has worn out. When I do, I buy a lot of my clothing at resale shops. I only buy quality name brands that I know, and the clothing must be hardly worn. This is a great way to get Levi's and Dockers for 3-4 dollars per pair. Sometimes I find beautiful new blouses, with the tags still on, for 4-5 dollars. If you are a Mom, you know the resale shops for children's clothes can save you a lot of money.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    If I am going to buy something it would have to be underwear because they have worn out or I see something that will make my outfit fit better. But buying a lot of clothes for no reason doesn't make much sense, if you have a lot of clothes already in your closet. I always like to mix and match so it will look like a new outfit.

3. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes approximately once every month. I also buy new ones when needed by a special occasion. I also buy when I have extra money and when there is a sale.

4. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    It's interesting to see so many of you shopping for new clothes. Myself, I haven't shopped for new clothes for more than one year already. That's not to say that I am not getting any new clothes. It's just that I am not buying them myself anymore because my children buys them for me.

5. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I buy clothes whenever I get a chance or see something that I really like. I've started shopping online off late and it seems to work out pretty well. The online shopping sites are pretty cool; they let you select colors as well as mention the sizes of clothing quite specifically. I totally love the clothes I recently bought from Tobi.com. They have some discount offers all the time and really nice stuff.

6. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I would love to be one of those people that are saying that they only buy once a month or every two months, but I'm an impulse buyer and I tend to shop a lot more often than when my daughter or myself actually need things. In fact I live nearby a major mall, so I shop there pretty much every other time I have a couple extra dollars after everything is paid for the month. Honestly, with the amount of money I spend on clothes shopping, I would have a nice amount in my savings. I've actually cut down in the past couple of months, but I should probably not be shopping at all, because all the clothes I have is plenty. The problem is, if I'm not feeling my wardrobe when I wake up in the morning to get dressed, I automatically equate that to the need to buy more clothes.

7. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I shop all the time, I just don't buy unless it's a true bargain. By shopping often, I save more, always looking and waiting for the price I am willing to spend on an item, and only online as it would be too time consuming in a brick and mortar store. It only takes a few minutes a day online. I check two daily deal sites that I favor and ebay for my favorite brands, and that's it.

8. emiliiocharles

emiliiocharlesNew Member

Threads:
    I purchase cloth in once a month. There are many options for cloth shopping like online store, famous cloth shops and many more. I choose my clothing style it depends in fashion, season as well as on my mood.

9. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    I buy new clothes maybe once in three months. Now I prefer good quality clothes (which cost more) so I no longer buy cheap clothing from China sellers online (for example ebay), as the quality is very poor. Wash it once and it looks already very worn.

10. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on my needs but usually I buy something new every two months. When I see something nice and good quality I buy it.

11. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I try to shop for clothes every week. I love clothes and new shoes. You could never have enough clothes or shoes because who wants to wear the same thing everyday? I go shopping for clothes and shoes every time I get paid.

12. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    Not often, but if I see something I really like I will probably get it. Its easy for me not to spend too much as I dont really care for fashion too much.

13. Rosa_Camilla

Rosa_CamillaNew Member

Threads:
    Hi!
    I only buy clothes when I get tired of the ones I have, like maybe, 2 years and then I buy those basic pieces that I can mix-and-match well. I also buy dresses as the occasion calls for it, like a wedding or a baptismal. I want my clothes on those events fairly new.

14. VilliamErlin

VilliamErlinNew Member

Threads:
    According to me internet is great option for purchase all type of latest design, pattern, different material clothing collection. As well as get best discount offer on clothing.

15. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    Not very often at all. I only go shopping for clothes when I absolutely need it. We mostly only shop for my son because he is constantly growing. As long as I have clothes and am comfortable I don't need to be buying more.

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For myself i probably buy clothes about once every 6 months to a year. But for my children i buy clothes about once a month.

17. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    It depends on my likings. Daily I am getting the newsletters regarding new clothes or accessories. Whenever I found the clothes for myself, I prefer to purchase it at that time without any delay. It is almost one time a week I purchase clothes and accessories from online shopping sites.

#77Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only shop for new clothes if the ones I have don't fit me anymore, although sometimes even if I don't intend to buy new clothes at the moment, I suddenly get to buy a new one if I saw a design that I like at the store.

19. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I must have about two hundred pairs of socks and pants so I'm good for those for a while. The only other things I buy are t-shirts and jeans when I save enough to treat myself to them. I'm not a big shopper for clothes and can comfortably wear the same things for quite a while before needing anything new. I do have quite a lot of clothes so that helps, otherwise I'd be a more frequent shopper.

20. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The main time I buy clothes are in the winter and spring sales. I very rarely play RRP prices for clothes because it is just a rip off most of the time. Some of the clothes are still overpriced at half price so I would never pay RRP.