How often do you buy new tires?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by tosaytheleast • Aug 13, 2012.

1. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! I change tires every 8-10 months. I use my jeep everyday but the distance I travel is not that far that's why my tires could last up to 10 months sometimes but average would be 8-10. How about you? How often do you change tires and do you change in set or individually?

2. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    Hi,
    I don't change my tires. It's been kind of about 2years since I have done so, I think my distance traveling is kind of very least, and the roads are not bad here. At least from where I stay and travel across. Maybe I will go to check now and see whether it's bad after all.

3. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I change them when they are no longer safe to drive on. This can be up to 4 years. .

I tend to buy 4 new ones. And that's because I wear my tires out. I also buy expensive tires that are meant to last.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It is about every other year because I do a lot of driving to work and back. I usually get all season tires because we do get a good amout of snow where I live. These tires do really good on my front wheel drive car in both summer and winter months.

5. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    One thing that this depends on is what kind of commute you have to and from work. If you drive in town most of the time, your tires will last longer, as is the case with me right now.

If you drive on the freeway most of the time, you will probably end up getting new tires about once every two years.

But if you drive "The Leadville 500" in Colorado for 1/2 hour or more each way to work as I used to do, good luck getting a set of tires to last more than a year. High speeds around mountain passes will wear out tires faster than most anything else. Oh, and forget about the idea that snow tires would last longer. They may be good for the first several months, but then they become bald and hard as a rock, and they will not grip anything.

6. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I rotate my tires when the manufacturer says to do so and buy new tires when I notice my tires are starting to have no tread. Especially if it's close to winter time, I'll buy new tires as to avoid slipping on the road from not having enough tread. I buy them at a discount tire place or Costco to save money.

7. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't got a car but my friend changes his tires often as he thrashes about everywhere. He's been pulled over a few times because of them.

8. saver

saverNew Member

Threads:
    How often you replace tires really depends on how much driving you do. I usually go until I have about 20000 miles on my tires or until the tread is to emission legal. Which is about 1/4 of a dime. After that you are just asking for trouble. So around every 20 000 I replace my tires.

9. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I generally buy new tires every 9 months or so, and that's this year. When I used to have to work on the road and was traveling a lot, I used to buy tires every 6-7 months. I think you should buy your tires based on your volume of driving and where you are driving.