How Often Do You Change Clothes?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by tonyb • Oct 17, 2016.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    We have used and dump clothes in the past. If you use clothes fairly how long do you wear before dumping them finally. Do you wear new clothes for up to six months or more before putting them away. I find out if I don't like a particular shirt I may hardly wear more than a month or two. I use many clothes at a time and normally I can keep clothes for six months before going for new ones.

2. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I usually wear my clothes till the color fades or some rips or tear develops. Usually I am able to wear my clothes for a long time. The moment it starts looking too old or worn out, I discard it.

3. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I buy new clothes after my old ones gets tattered. It's not because I'm very sentimental or poor, it's just because I'm thrifty. You can say that I'm an old school guy and I'm like a gramps but if I can still wear a shirt I will wear it until it's beyond recognizable. Anyway, having holes on your shirt improves ventilation. :D

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    O
    I agree this is the right thing, I wear most of my clothes until they start showing signs of fade. Then I dump them especially if they are the ones I wear out. If it's kitchen or other domestic wears I'm less bothered even when it starts fading.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    As a girl I love clothes so when I see something I like and have the money for it I usually buy it, not too often though only if I really like the item. I have clothes that I had for years now and still wear them. I like to wait for them to rip before I get rid of it. I don't mind having many clothing items to chose from.

6. Gallade

GalladeNew Member

Threads:
    Everytime I buy one new, I will dump one old...so the "when" is when I buy new clothes.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There is no limit as such and with number of clothes I have I do not have to dump them often because they never fade down. I live in a country with 4 weathers but summers are longest so I mostly wear Tee shirts (if formal is not required) I have some tee shirts as old as 10 years but they are not worn out or faded because I have 80-90 of them therefore wear them 4-5 times each in a year.

8. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I only usually buy used clothes, and I use them until they can no longer be worn or used, my clothes go through what I call phases: the nice phase (they look great and new) then a year or when ever the fade(maybe just becasue of a spill) they become my work clothes (outside, painting, etc.) or my sleeping clothes. Then when they have holes or really bad looking I will keep a couple (for really gross cleaning or outside jobs) and throw away the rest or make into utility towels. I usually spend about 20 dollars or less a year on clothing (not counting tennis shoes), I think this year I have spent like 10 so far, as long as I have a couple super nice outfits for going out and visiting people I don't really care what I wear around the house (and I work from home so).

9. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Well, my clothes usually go through three phases. First one is when they are new and I barely wear them (only to events and stuff). The second phase is where I get accustomed to wearing them and wear them a bit more and to less hyped places. The last phase is where I believe I have worn them too much and just start wearing them casually around the house or so. I usually donate them to less fortunate after I've outgrown them or they have become undesirable for me.

10. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    During the day I change my clothes several times. I wear pajamas in the night, one clothes for work, one for home and if I am about to do some nasty dirty job or dig my garden I use other ( dump) clothes. I don't trash anything that is not beyond repairable and I always take it to the homeless shelter for people to use.
    If it is anything good, my cousins take it.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I only change clothing if my current clothing either won't fit me anymore or become too worn out to wear. I'd keep my clothes for as long as possible. My clothes tend to last very long. Around 2 to 10 years depending on the quality.

12. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you mean the life of clothes, for me the longevity of my clothes depends on the durability. As long as the clothes still look decent, I retain it in my closet. I have some shirts here that are 20 years old. Hard to believe but it's true. That's how frugal I am in clothing.