How often do you clean your shoes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Dora M • Sep 12, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on which shoes. I have a pair of shoes that get a lot of ware and so I clean them weekly but could probably stand to clean them daily. I have other shoes that are dress shoes that don't get a lot of wear and do I probably only wipe them off. Sadly, I have had shoes I have never cleaned until I gave them away. When I give my shoes away I always clean them first. IT doesn't make sense to wear dirty shoes and THEN clean them when they are not yours anymore! :-/

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    About once a week I like to clean and polish my shoes. I like to keep a neat appearance and keep my clothing clean and neat. So usually on Saturday or Sunday I'll get my clothes ready for the week and clean and wash everything, including my shoes.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I wipe off my shoes pretty frequently actually, I don't like my shoes looking raggedy. When I'm wearing sneakers I will throw them in the washer because I find that sneakers get dirtier than other shoe that I have. I use to not care as much about keeping my shoes looking clean but now it gets on my nerves if I don't lol.

4. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really into the cleaning my shoes thing. I just clean them when they get dirty. Back when I tried hard to keep my shoes clean, I had to put in a lot of work to get rid of a tiny bit of mud, so it was never really worth it for me. I'll clean it when, yesterday for example, I accidentally step in some mud. As long as I look presentable I don't care.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Only when they get too dirty? LOL. Sometimes, I am too lazy, so my mom volunteers to wash them. They are made of cloth, so they won't really be damaged if they are washed. :)

6. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I usually wear the same pair of shoes every day. We live in Florida so I normally have on flip flops and they really don't need to be cleaned. If I do wear dress shoes, I clean them each time I wear them. Not because I'm a neat freak, but because I keep all of my shoes in my closet in our bedroom. We have 6 people in our family and it would be chaos if all of our shoes were in the garage. I like them clean before I bring them up, especially since we don't wear our shoes in the house. :)

Danyel :)