How often do you do a big shopping run for clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by marmunmrhundun • Jan 22, 2014.

1. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    It seems like every month I'm in the mall doing a big shopping run for clothes. It just always seems like I need something new. Do you think that is too much shopping ? How often do you do big shopping runs for clothes?

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not into clothes and fashion so I rarely go shopping for clothes. I guess I'll only buy new clothes when my old clothes are too worn out to wear. I always sew them up if there are minor tears.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I really rarely buy clothes these days for some reason. Whenever I do some clothing shopping, it's when I am starting to notice that I've been wearing the same ones for the longest time now. LOL

4. Dylansmom

DylansmomNew Member

Threads:
    I usually on shop maybe once or twice a year unless I have alot of worn out clothes.

5. thriftymama

thriftymamaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a terrible clothes shopper, I tend to buy 'sales or clearance' lines for myself however, it's a different story for my teenage daughter who seems 'to need' something new every couple of weeks.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lucky you for being able to go on a big shopping spree every month!!! I can only do that maybe once every 4 or 5 months!! Last time I got like 10 clothing items was last October, and I don't think that will happen again anytime soon!! Every since I got a dog I have no spare money for anything but prime necessities

7. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, I used to have a lot of that kind of episode, in which I feel like I always lack something I need. However, as I grew older, I realized that I don't really need all of those things I buy and I just end up having more problem with closet space. And so, eventually, I really learned to curb my habit to shop a lot.

8. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I go on big shopping runs very often. Usually I try to go on a big shopping run about every 2 months or so. I mean big in my opinion is leaving out with about 5 bags. For some people big may be a little different. Big shopping runs is what keep my closet very versatile. I like my closet to stay updated very frequently.

9. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I probably buy maybe 5-10 items of clothing in a year, I average around 3 or 4 trips at most. I make my clothes last a while, although the ones I purchase are very high quality do don't need replacing as often. My shoes as well cost £150, but have lasted almost 3 years now. The £40 pair I bought recently are almost destroy after 8 months. So by buying the best pairs, I'm both getting a luxury shoe and saving money long term.

10. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    Probably about once every year. And buy that I mean I buy more than 3 items of clothing. I just don't have the money to be able to do a big shop. I wish I have enough money to do a big shop every season. I think it would just be absolutely magical having the money to buy a whole new wardrobe every season. A girl can dream...

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I shop a whole wardrobe worth about only once or twice a year, and I usually just buy one or two items when in between those bulk shopping trips. I only shop this way because I'm too lazy to keep re-organizing my closet and I can usually get away with just mixing and matching the set that I do have in the meantime, and as I've mentioned, I also shop for a few clothing items in between to mix it up even further. Also, shopping in bulk more frequently than that might cost me a lot more so I try to limit it somewhat.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    How often do I go for big clothes shopping trips? Maybe once every 3 years! I sometimes buy more during the summer at yard sales or during a consignment shop sale, but I rarely just "go shopping for clothes." My clothes last a fairly long time, too, so you might consider investing in higher quality clothes that don't fall apart after a few washes.

13. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to go clothes shopping every 3 months or so. I go shopping for shoes a lot more often than that however!