How Often Do You Drive To The Stores?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Sep 8, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shopping without a list is costly in many ways. Not only would you have to fight the desire to buy things you don't need but in addition to that, each trip to the store to buy something which you forgot will cost you money which you would have saved had you bought everything you needed the first time.

Be honest, do you drive to the store more times than you need?

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Totally agree - if looking to stretch the monthly budget and save on groceries - one of the best and most cost effective ways of doing that - would be to limit the number of times you visit the store - as not only does it save on fuel but gives more time to do other things too.

As for me - although I've always only ever shopped weekly - as I now live in the middle of nowhere and quite a considerable distance from the stores - I do try to shop bi- weekly when I can - especially as what I save on fuel and parking by doing that - almost pays for an entire weeks meals.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I really try to avoid visiting the same shop twice in one week. It’s not the end of the world if I do, since the shops are all on the way home from my current office, but I do feel like it eats up a chunk of my time. For me it only tends to happen if I run out of something unexpectedly.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't because it's really crowded in the stores here unless you get in really early, so whenever I need to buy items I just wait until they pile up and I reserve a day to get them all quickly and get out. Sometimes it is unavoidable though as some items are needed more immediately than others but for the most part I'm glad I'm able to pile up and make a list. Also it's helpful that these days I could just do half of my shopping online.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From where I live you don't even have to drive, you just walk to the stores and you can get pretty much everything you need there whether it's cooked diner food, fast food, grocery items, etc. So even if you forget something, you won't waste anything on gas or fare money.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drive, but even when I do have access to a vehicle I buy what I need. having learned to shop carrying items home all my life, I am pretty good at shopping for what is needed only. Sometimes I do a stock up shop and then the other trips are much lighter.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I walk to the store which is about a mile away. I agree it does take up time to go back and forth to the store when you forget something and time is money. I often will do without something or change my plans because I do not have the time to walk to the store or ride the bus to get where I need to go if I am busy working. If I was driving it would only take a few minutes but walking or riding the bus can takes hours.