How Often Do You Eat Per Day?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Apr 13, 2015.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people say that we should eat at least 6 times per day, but usually that doesn't happen to me, I go from 4-5 tops. Truth is I have an early lunch and more or less 4-5pm my stomach starts asking me for food... How often do you eat per day? What do you consider to be more healthy?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve tried the six small meals per day thing, but it didn’t really suit my lifestyle. I also didn’t notice that much of a difference in my overall health. Most days I eat two good-sized meals (breakfast and dinner) and the equivalent of two smaller meals, I think. It seems to be a good balance for me. I probably need to eat more now that I’ve been working out more, but that can always be adjusted.

3. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Usually I eat one main meal a day in the evening and four smaller meals or snacks spread out throughout the day.

I know it used to be the old three square meals a day rule, breakfast, dinner and tea but I don't think many people still do that anymore.

4. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I usually have 5 meals everyday. I considered it healthy. I have the usual breakfast, lunch and dinner plus 2 snacks. However, sometimes I only have 4 meals. It is the time when I skipped breakfast and have brunch instead.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe Peninha, I laughed out loud at your "...4-5pm my stomach starts asking me for food". It's ever so polite your tummy LOL

Anyway, I have tried the eating little and often theory by doing 5 small "meals" per day and it just wasn't for me. So I just stick to breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the rare occasion I might grab a little snack with my tea in the evening. That seems to work just fine for me. I'm finding I don't even have to eat much because it's very hot where I live, I never seem to be very hungry :) I guess it just depends on the individual, different things work for different people :)

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Three meals are OK per day. For me though depending on when I have breakfast, I might not be hungry at all around lunchtime. So on such a day, I'll eat only twice a day. When I'm idle then I always have three meals and some snacks in between.

7. Chewsy

ChewsyNew Member

Threads:
    I eat twice a day. When I wake up I grab my Weightcare mealshake and a energy bar,after school I work out and for dinner I eat mostly veggies.I'm used to eating twice a day..

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    3 times a day, 4-6 times a day, grazing all day.. I really detest food rules. There is good science behind these concepts (pros and cons), but not good science that covers every last one of us. We are all different. What we should be listening to is our bodies. If you're hungry, eat, if not, don't. The problem people have is when they're on a typical diet of highly processed foods.. if they eat when they're hungry every time, they'll get bigger and bigger, so they start to restrict calories and starving themselves and then back to eating more and back and forth and back and forth. You don't have to worry about all that when you're eating right and your body will actually be telling you the truth lol. Whatever you're body is comfortable with.. do that.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess I eat four times a day. Three meals and a snack.
    I don't really time them. I just eat when I realize that I'm getting uncomfortably hungry.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't get all that hungry so just have one large meal, usually around 3-4 pm and a smaller meal round about 9 pm. I'm not keen on having breakfast at all so tend to just not bother.

I know that this is quite unconventional but it works well for me.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It depends on my mood in any particular day. If I feel like it, I'll eat around 5 or 6 small meals and if I'm feeling more indulgent I'd stick to the regular 3 meals and eat a heftier or a more regular sized meal in those three meals. My eating routine in the past few years have gone haywire to be honest but I'm hoping to force it back into something more regular soon.

12. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I snack through out the day if I can and only have 2 meals. For example today I had a mini bag of combos as a snack, a burger for lunch, and two GIANT salads for dinner. Lunch and dinner are when I eat, but I munch a lot, and of everything I eat all day I try to make dinner the main meal. I live to eat with my family.

13. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to still focus on three meals of sorts, but I'm very good at snacking at random times of the day. If I were to include my snacking amounts, I really wouldn't have a clue how many times I eat every day. Thankfully I'm off chocolates and biscuits :)

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I eat 2 or 3 heavy meals per day, and then some light snacks like bread, banana, cookies, etc. I aslo drink some coffee while having snacks. So I usually take around 4 to 6 meals per day.
    I notice that I usually get hungry after 4 to 5 hours. I read that is normal, but it seems too often!

15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I eat for about 3-4 times a day. I go for a heavy breakfast in the morning, then light meal during lunch, then light dinner. Sometimes, I would eat snacks in the afternoon, depending on my mood.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I eat three regular meals in a day with two sets of snacks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I don't really eat a lot per meal. Work can be draining so an occasional sweet treat gives you additional energy. The biggest share would have to be during lunch. I eat less in the morning and lesser in the evening unless we're having dinner outside then I don't mind eating more.

17. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually do eat 6 times a day. I start in the morning with some light breakfast, then have some fruit during mid morning, which is then followed by a medium sized lunch. After that I will eat again some nuts and fruit in the afternoon, some light dinner, and quite often a cup of chocolate with some biscuits a couple of hours before I go to bed.

18. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Erm. How many meal a day? Anywhere between one and five, maybe. Mostly 2 or 3, on average, though. Depends on the occasion, on what I have to eat, on the mood, on my hunger, etc, etc.

19. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will usually eat only 3 times a day, sometimes only 2 because I'm notorious for skipping breakfast. I know it is bad, but it's the routine I've acquired a while ago and can't seem to get out. Very rarely I remember to eat something mid afternoon, but I'll usually just stick to a black coffee right after lunch.

20. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    how many times? :-/ hmmmm, I would say three times, that is, breakfast, lunch and dinner, however, I snack in between. If you were to ask me how MUCH I eat, I would then tell you...not a whole lot, maybe the size kids eats. I'm watching my weight :) lol, funny to hear a guy say that right?