How Often Do You Eat Per Day?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Apr 13, 2015.

1. walker498

walker498New Member

Threads:
    I believe that I eat between 4-6 times a day. Maybe more. I'm not fat, just slightly overweight. I do this because I rely on my father's genetics. He is able to eat and still be able to maintain a slight bulge on his stomach even at 63! I'm not going to rely on a good metabolism though, because it's starting to affect my health to eat that much. I think I better slow down, lol.

2. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    Three times a day for me, even though sometimes I skip breakfast. Most of the times, I try to eat breakfast before commuting to work. Sometimes, I buy a quick breakfast on my way to work. If you count snacking in between meals, however, the count will increase to 6. I usually snack between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and the end of my work. After that, I usually snack late at night. That makes it 6 meals per day even though it is not at all the same as people who eat 6 meals per day for health reason.

3. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    I eat 5 times a day. Previously I used to have 3 routine meals and had a lot of weight gain. After switching over to 5 small meals, judiciously spaced, my metabolism has improved and I am slowly losing weight.

4. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I eat three or more times a day. I eat more when my blood sugar level is acting up and I need to level it out. I actually thought that is the main reason to eat several small meals, if you are diabetic or if you have challenges with your blood sugar level. Other than that, each person eats according to their own body rythmn. There is a book called Woman Code that makes a lot of sense in talking about this.

5. nicole deffes

nicole deffesNew Member

Threads:
    I try to eat six meals a day because that is what I have always been told to do. Eating six meals a day aids in keeping your metabolism fast which will result in maintaining your weight or even losing weight. I definitely don't always eat six meals a day but I always try my hardest to do so. It can be very difficult when I am at work, school, or taking care of my daughter but it is definitely a good rule of thumb to follow. Also, I didn't note before that you want to make sure that they are six small meals a day.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    When i started to hearing about eating more than 3 times a day, I though they were insane, recalling the times when I was a child and my grandmother used to visit us; she managed to make us eat 5 times a day, but really generous servings that overtime contributed for us to be overweight.

However in modern times I never though to eat several times a day until I moved to live alone. Actually I may eat all day long (sometimes) but obviously small rations of this and that, kind of snacks.

But when I eat with certain regularity, I may do it 5 or 6 times a day indeed, only that just small servings ;)

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am actually eating a lot better these days. Since discovering that I have gut issues, specifically IBS, I have had to take more care with my diet in order to manage the condition and lessens the problematic symptoms. I was eating sometimes no meals a day, just snacking before. Now I fit in at least two meals a day, if not three.

8. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I typically eat two main meals a day and then one or two snacks, so 3-4 times a day. I don't really think it is necessary to eat 6 times a day, unless you are a particularly active person. I like to snack, though, so I adjust my meals accordingly so I don't end up eating too much.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was born and raised in this culture where we eat breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack and dinner. That's 5 times of eating although adults like me who are watching their weight pass on the mid morning snack. I tend to gain weight when I eat 5 times a day.

10. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I eat only two times a day and that's breakfast and lunch. I'm trying to trim down my eating because I've gotten so fat over the past year and a half. My dinner now only consists of either a vegetable dish or a piece of fruit.

I used to eat three times day before and I usually eat a lot of rice during my meals which I believe is the reason why I grew big in a small amount of time.

11. Adrianna

AdriannaNew Member

Threads:
    I was doing the six small meals. Now I do 2-3 large ones. Mostly raw vegetarian meals. Some cooked. It's been hard to get use to but it is working well. These meals are all the larger the better. I am happy with it this way.

12. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe about five times a day. I eat often but with less serving. This helps me maintain my current weight. I find that eating just three big meals make me gain more weight.

13. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Generally speaking I eat three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Every once in a while I will skip breakfast if I'm not hungry or I'm busy or whatever. If I find that I'm hungry between meals I try to only eat fresh fruit or veggies for snacks.

14. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I eat probably 4-5 times a day. I don't like to eat too much at once. I would rather eat more often. It is what works for me. I feel more satisfied that way.

15. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard that in the Far East (ever-so-past the US East Coast :p) they're snacking constantly all day. I've heard that two meals-a-day is healthier than the American standard of "3 square meals a day." So that's what I eat ... breakfast at around 8-oclock a.m., dinner at around 4 p.m.