How often do you get a haircut?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Jun 12, 2014.

1. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    I have short hair (almost a pixie cut) and my hair grows fast, so I *should* go get it cut often. But I push it off. If it starts looking not so nice, I trim it up a little myself (I went to school for hairstyling) and make it look better.
    Also, I dye my hair. I buy my own professional quality products, and bring them to my hairstylist friends house. She does it for me, I pay her some money and we usually grab a bite to eat. Even after the food, it's still cheaper than going to a salon.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get a hair cut every 2-3 weeks. Most of the time I cut my hair myself. I keep my hair very short like a boy, it is easier to keep neat that way. I do need to have my hair trimmed around the edges once a month to keep it neat looking.

3. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    This is really bad but I rarely get my hair cut. Its not because of monetary issues or anything its just that I can't find the time anymore. Or get my two year old to sit still without Me for that long.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me being Black, I don't often cut my hair LOL Yes, the stories about Black women and their hair are true! Our hair doesn't grow as long or as fast, so we're very precious about it. I try to chop it off and start over again every 3 years or so. But I generally have a trim every time I go and have it done, which is about every two months. This keeps it healthy and free of split ends.

5. junemoon

junemoonNew Member

Threads:
    No one in my household pays to get their hair cut. My husband cuts his own and my sons with the trimmer. They just buzz it off. lol I think it stems back from his military days. I swear, it felt like he was going to the barber almost every week! Then one day, he asked me to cut it and I messed it up. So, the next time, he just did it himself and forever more. lol My daughter and I just trim our own hair, as needed. So, we do not pay attention to how often we cut our hair because it is not an added expense.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My hair is quite short, and I also tend to procrastinate on getting mine trimmed thanks to budget constraints. I go to the salon every 7-8 weeks. About to go get a fresh trim soon, in fact. I have no training in hairstyling, though, so I only trust myself to trim my own bangs and maybe a little bit off the back. I’ve done it a handful of times with no severe repercussions.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go as often as I should. I think I go twice a year, probably? I need to go soon, because my hair is almost to my waist!

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't gotten a haircut for about 2 years now. I am actually thinking about getting my hair cut because it's already too long now and it's really hot and humid here in our country, so it gets a bit irritating sometimes However, I'm a bit hesitant because I love my long hair.