How often do you get sick?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Damon halden • Apr 6, 2012.

1. Damon halden

Damon haldenNew Member

Threads:
    Pretty simple question. How often do you get sick whether it be a cold; the flu; or whatever the sickness is.

I currently have a cold and this is the worse I have had in quite a while; usually my colds are short and don't give me too much grief but this time I have had a lot of trouble with it like headaches, sore throat, night sweats, running nose, etc

What do you guys do when you get sick as well?

2. DrakenV

DrakenVMember

Threads:
    I'm sick too! Thankfully I don't have school.
    I get sick probably once every few months, sometimes my allergies get bad as well.
    Whenever I get sick I eat lots of vegetables and I drink lots of tea, you should too! :D

Hope you get well soon!

3. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I never get what most people would call severely ill. But I do suffer from allergies if that counts for anything.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm sick too. There's just something wrong with my stomach. I get constant stomachaches and have to go the bathroom way too often. It must be a virus or something. I'm starting to take some meds now that will hopefully calm it down.

5. calvinandhobbes

calvinandhobbesNew Member

Threads:
    It is weird- I never get sick. It is certainly a good thing though. Seeing as I go to college and live in a college dorm you would think that would increase my chances of catching something- but still I never ever get sick! I used to get a lot of colds when I was younger, and got the flu a lot as well. But I have not had the flu in years, and I have not gotten a cold in at least a year. It is great :)

6. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I dont tend to get sick that often but when I do its pretty bad lol. I exercise a lot and take supplements so usually im pretty healthy. My last time getting sick was having food poisioning a few months back.

7. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Usually I don't get sick often at all. I mean usually not even once a year. This past 12 months were a little bit more rough for me tho. I kept getting sinus infections and I think it was from the weather. Many people around us have had their first sinus infection ever since our weather has been messed up.

I like to use Apple Cider Vinegar (2 tablespoons at a time a couple times a day)- this tastes horrible but helps greatly with congestion.
    I also use sea salt and water for my nose to clear my sinuses.

This is often the only thing I get so I am not bad with other illnesses.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I occasionally have to deal with migraines because I am in front of the computer a lot. As for getting really sick, I just get the flu once a year in the rainy season. Some years I am lucky and I don't get the flu though. :)

9. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever get sick because I have a strong immune system. Eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables can help build your immune system and prevent you from getting sick. I also eat a lot of antioxidants to keep healthy.

10. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Fortunately, it only happens once or twice a year for me. And even then, it's not so serious that I'm bedridden for days on end. The sickest I get is around October, when fall turns into winter. I guess it's the change in weather that gets to me. I don't feel well for a few days and I might have to spend one day in bed but that's as bad as it gets.

11. l33t

l33tMember

Threads:
    I receive the cold almost every other day! Just kidding, but I do get sick a lot. Right now, I have just transferred the cold from my cousin. Nevertheless, I get sick at least 4 times a year which in terms in comparing to the average person, I get sick a lot. The thing I notice is that people who don't wash their hands don't get sick, while people who always keep clean do get sick. I believe this is part of our immune system, but I could be wrong. My immune system is weak, so I receive viruses and colds frequently. I drink warm coke with lemon when I'm sick. Additionally, gargling with salt water is helpful, too, as mentioned on Yahoo! news.

12. agoodwriter

agoodwriterNew Member

Threads:
    I'm sick only about once in a year. Last time i was sick last year and i only had headache. Can that be even called that i was sick :)?

I'm not sick almost never and that's because i live very healthy live.

13. obadiah

obadiahNew Member

Threads:
    At this point in my life I seldom get sick, just a cold maybe once a year or so. I get a flu shot each autumn so I haven't had the flu in years. but when my son and daughter were children I was sick all the time. My daughter would get sick, then my son, and then me or my son would get sick, then my daughter, then me. Thank goodness those days are over! I do try to eat sensibly now, drink plenty of fluids, and get plenty of sleep and I think that helps a lot.

14. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    Not sick at all, I'm generally a healthy person. I'd say like every 3-4 months or so I might get the common cold. Whenever I start to feel myself getting sick I run to the store and pick up those Emergen-C packets. Can definitely vouch for them. It's a powder that you mix in with a bottle of water and drink and it's got an insane amount of Vitamin-C. If you drink like 2 of them, one in the morning and one at night, then the whole "being sick" thing, even if it's just the common cold, will be so much better (and shorter too!).

15. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I get sick once or twice a year, roughly every 7 months.
    When I get sick, I usually eat/drink a lot of hot things (tea, soup). I take a cough syrup and an Advil, watch some TV, and sleep. Keeping hydrated and rested is good to do when you're sick. When resting your body can focus more on expelling the virus from your system, and keeping hydrated helps expel the viruses.

16. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    Usually when I get sick, its only about once or twice a year. During these times, I try to take brief rests every once and a while. Sometimes, if I don't have anything planned for the day, I usually just sleep for most of the day. Although taking medicine can help you, sometimes it may make the symptoms worse depending on the illness. So sleeping can be the best medicine for illness.

17. cwilson72180

cwilson72180Banned

Threads:
    I don't get sick very often but I do have to deal with migraines also. I am on medication to prevent them though. The last time I got sick was a few weeks ago and I almost died from dehydration. I got very sick, very fast for no reason at all. I don't know what caused it but I could not stop throwing up and going to the bathroom. I ended up in the hospital overnight because I was dehydrated so bad. It was so bad, I couldn't even keep water down. I was so thirsty but every time I drank some water, it would come back up. It was terrible.

Other than that, I hardly ever get sick except for the occasional cold.

18. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I had a severe cold a couple months ago that was the first I've had in 3 years. And it's been over a decade since I've had the flu, and I don't get a flu shot. I eat a lot of raw garlic (not enough to stink, but regularly enough for it to be effective), eat lots of foods high in vitamin C, take a multivitamin and eat foods with healing properties. And wash my hands a lot. I had gallbladder problems a couple years ago and switched to a high fiber diet and not only did it never come back, I lost weight and feel even healthier. I think diet plays a large role in health. Huge role.

19. Christi Harris

Christi HarrisNew Member

Threads:
    I don't get sick very often, maybe once or twice a year. My youngest son gets sick almost once a month. He always gets real bad ear infections and sore throats. My oldest son always gets headaches but his doctor is never concerned. I am in the process of switching doctors and then i will get a second opinion about his headaches. My girls almost never get sick. They will get runny noses but that is it.

20. Zacko

ZackoExpert

Threads:
    I haven't gotten sick in over five months, as I've started using a liquid Zinc spray every single time that I sneeze funny or a spray and a vitamin C pill whenever I begin to feel sick.