How often do you get sick?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Damon halden • Apr 6, 2012.

1. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely get sick, to be honest I can't remember the last time I went to the doctor. I do have some throat irritation, but that is normal from time to time. As far as getting a cold and staying home from work/school it doesn't happen. *knock on wood* I know people who are sick at least two times a week. Which I don't see what they are doing to feel so ill. I guess some people are just prone to sickness and health problems. Thankfully I take care of myself to avoid having a run in with a deadly flu or cold.

2. Renzaku

RenzakuNew Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever get sick. I'll usually only get sick if I do something stupid or catch it from someone else who is very sick.
    The last time I got sick was probably a few years back when I had to walk/run home in the rain (caught a cold and
    it lasted a few days or a week).

3. AliDee

AliDeeMember

Threads:
    I rarely get sick but when I do, I'm usually sick for a good week or two. It sucks! I am sick at the moment and it's been 2 weeks and I still have a runny and blocked nose. I usually have to catch it from someone unless I am in very cold temperatures then suddenly go into hot temperatures.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Other than allergies I don't get sick often. I do try to eat a healthy diet of fruit and vegetables and a lot of fiber. When I do get sick I get a much sleep as I can to help my body heal it self. Drinking a lot of fluid is also good.

5. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    I get sick 3 or 4 times a year. During the summer, too. I hate tea and this make it worst! In my country you have to drink a lot of tea when you are sick! I usually take antibiotics and continue to do my normal stuff. I've had this job where you don't have the time to be sick so I learned not to complain and to continue to do my work. And now I hate when my boyfrient get sick and start to complain!!!

6. masteraljon

masteraljonMember

Threads:
    ,i almost have a flu every weekend due to the bad weather here in our country.

7. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    I very rarely get sick. Maybe once every three years or so. :D

Maybe I do get sick more often, but it isn't serious enough for me to notice or something.

8. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I, like most people, very rarely tend to get sick. I was always sick when I was a child, I probably missed at least 25 days of school every year! As a young-adult I now rarely get sick. I guess I spent my entire childhood building up my immunities. I hate being sick though, it has to be the worst feeling ever. Health is definitely something that is taken for granted.

9. Marco

MarcoNew Member

Threads:
    I get sick only twice in a year. Yeah its funny, other than those two times I am as healthy as an horse. Basically I suck during season changes and that is the time when I fall ill for a day or two.

10. imokaye

imokayeMember

Threads:
    I honestly can't remember the last time I got sick. But I'm pretty sure I haven't had a fever since I graduated from high school which was 2 years ago. I guess I'm just not that sickly. I have never been confined in a hospital either.

11. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    Every month or two, I seem to get a cold. I have no idea why. But I do. I get all stuffed up, and can't breathe. I've been lucky the last few months though, no sickness for awhile.

12. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    I don't get sick that often, maybe because I exercise and work out in the gym quite often. But it is easy to fall sick even for fit people. They may get sick when someone sneezes and doesn't cover his/her mouth, causing the germs to spread if the person is in close proximity. Hygiene is hence an important habit in our lives and we should practise it so that people around us won't get sick unnecessarily.

13. Toni6749

Toni6749New Member

Threads:
    I usually get sick about once a year and it's always in the Summer. There's something about the weather I always end up with the worst cold in the hottest months!

14. liam1993osten

liam1993ostenNew Member

Threads:
    I rarely get sick at all but as of late I cant seem to get the one i have completly gone and it started right before my mother died last week it could be a sign. Most likely i am not getting better do to the death of my mom but after awhile it should be better i dont want this stupid cold for longer lol

15. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    The best medicine for a cold or flu is to mix some alcohol, lemon, and some peppermint candy together and you will be all better. Home remedies that work for you, OK! If you want you can run to the liquor store and get Peppermint Snaap and just throw some lemon in there drink-up and get under the cover and have a great nights sleep. Only a cup will do the trick. If you want more, then drink more but you don't have to get drunk to feel better. I know, I was raised doing this and I am here today.

16. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I got sick right a couple of days ago, and it sucks. I can hardly concentrate on anything I do, and I would stay at home if I would afford it. But I have to admit is my fault, cause I haven't eat healthy, immune boosting food in the last few months. Now I try to recover the lost time.

17. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I have not been sick in a while. I don't know why, but I never get colds or anything like that. I think last year I ate too much and threw up...but that may have been due to the brandy.

18. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    Perhaps every 9 months or so ,when the season flu comes I get sick.Thank God ,nothing more than that.

19. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely ever get sick. Really, I don't get sick all that often. Most of the days that I miss school is due to some minor problem that I can certainly tough it out and isn't a sickness along with my parents overreacting and sending me to a doctor and back at home.

20. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I feel like I get sick way too often. I have a five year old so maybe that maybe the cause. However, when I get sick it doesn't last for too long. I usually just catch colds every now and again which is why I always stock up on cough medicine and halls just in case.