How often do you get sick?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Damon halden • Apr 6, 2012.

1. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    The last time I remembered being sick was years ago. I do suffer from headaches that may range from 3 days to a full week. Taking medications doesn't help nor sleeping it off. So, I avoid any activities that includes a lot of movement. My headache sometimes come hand in hand with nausea. And that really makes me awfully miserable.

2. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get sick very often I must admit, I have been very fortunate. When I do get sick it is usually a cold and it is usually when the weather has changed and it is cold outside.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I do not get sick really often. I get colds maybe once in three months. I really think that I have a strong immune system plus the fact that I am taking multivitamins everyday. I think that these multivitamins are really critical for prevention of simple colds or flu.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I very, very rarely get sick. In the last few years, I guess it's been about once or twice a year, but before that, it was even less. When I do finally get sick, though, it tends to be really bad. Go big or go home, right? I do it right when I get sick, hehe.

5. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe once a year, if that. I can count on one hand how many times I've had a fever in the last 5-6 years.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually get sick once a year. Usually it's only fever, cough, and colds combined. I'm grateful that I haven't been hospitalized yet or acquired some serious life threatening disease. But I do get headaches quite often. I just usually lie and sleep in bed when I'm sick. I'm not in the mood to do anything, I feel too sick to even read something.

#46Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  7. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    I don't very often get sick. I had the flu a couple of years ago and a few colds in the same time frame. With the exception of the flu which had me down for the count, I continue with my daily routine while drinking more fluids, getting to bed a little earlier and taking extra vitamin C

8. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I've been pretty lucky as far as getting sick I don't really get that sick, but when I do I get sick really bad, and I usually let it run its course and keep cough drops near by!

9. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely get sick. When I was younger, whenever I got sick, I would let my body take care of itself. I wouldn't take a lot of medicine, I would let my body rest, etc. I like to think that my immune system got stronger as I let my body do what it does best: take care of itself! I do occasionally get migraines and headaches - and if I really can't just sleep it off (ie: it's the start of a day, I am at work, I have a busy day ahead of me, etc.), then I'll pop 2 Advils or Tynenols and I'm good to go in about a half hour.

I try not to let my body get sick. I have a diverse and healthy diet, stay active, and let myself rest and have some me time.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't get sick often. I do have sinus problems that can make me uncomfortable which I take an over the counter medicine for. I try to eat healthy, avoid people who are sick and wash my hands often. Getting sleep so that my system can fight off any germs also helps.

11. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I do a lot of work on the computer so thankfully, that avoids a lot of sicknesses, especially during the Fall & Winter. In return though, it hits me harder when I catch a virus or something from somebody so I don't get sick TOO often but when I do, it's rough!

12. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I never used to get sick, it doesn't matter if my whole house was sick. I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get sick. Now that I am older now I swear I catch everything, its so annoying seems like my immune system isn't as good anymore.

13. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I never get sick anymore. I make sure to eat a healthy diet with a lot of fruits, vegetables, legumes and fresh juices. I also take vitamins like a womens multivitamin, vitamin c, bee pollen, garlic, fish oil etc.

14. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    About once a year, if that. I hardly ever get sick. I think I've had a fever three times in the last 5 years.

15. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I used to get either a cold or the flu 2-3 times a year. But neither of us have had either in almost 2 years. I credit this totally to taking garlic supplements, 2000 mcg each day. Love it!

16. chasek8

chasek8New Member

Threads:
    I am kind of lucky, it is really rare that I get sick, but when I do I get REALLY sick. Probably once a year, or two, I get a horrible flu or virus of some sort and it usually has me bed ridden or hospital bound. Other than that I am usually pretty healthy. I don't get colds often and I am rarely ill.
    When I am sick I try to nurse it as much as I can. I take time off and rest as much as possible. I call on others to help me with my kids, and basically let myself be a baby. The more you rest, the faster your body renews itself.
    I also take vitamins regularly and try to eat well and exercise. This is my way of ensuring my body has the ability to fight off infection and keep me going.

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I very rarely get sick. When i do it usually last a week or two than goes away and it isn't that bad.

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    There is another home remedy that you can take to keep from getting sick with a cold or flu. Buy some apple cider vinegar, use 1 cup full, 8 cloves of garlic, 1 cup of raw honey, and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, mix in a blender for about a minute or until you think it is mixed well, place it in the refrig. for 5 days and drink a tablespoon in a full glass of water each day. And you should be good to go for the winter months or whenever. You can drink this for the rest of your life and as much as you want each day. It won't hurt you but make you healthy.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't get sick too much anymore, probably just a cold every year and sometimes not even. I do get headaches like you though, just maybe not as severe. I think I just get migraines from staring at a computer screen for too long sometimes and it lasts longer than a day on some occasions but not too often really, I just drink lots of water to help it along.

20. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't gotten sick that much, but when I do it is really bad. I think the last time I got sick was about a year or so ago and it was only a head cold nothing really bad.