How often do you get sick?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Damon halden • Apr 6, 2012.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Don't get me started on getting sick. So far this year I have been sick twice. I had a cold in October and then a few weeks ago, the week before Thanksgiving in fact, I had the stomach virus that is going around. The irony is this is the first year in quite awhile that I had the flu vaccine. Now I know neither of these ailments were the flu but I just found it funny that I had this done to prevent getting sick and twice since then I have been.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thankfully i don't get sick often i have a very strong immune system so it takes a lot for me to get sick bad part is when i do get sick it's bad and takes a lot to get rid of so that's why i'm glad i don't get sick often unless i'm pregnant that for some reason i get colds every five minutes it seems.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't get sick very often. I have only had the flu twice, maybe three times in my entire life. If I feel that I am trying to catch something, I get right on it. I take echinacea with hot tea. I cut back on my exercise to help my body fight off whatever is trying to happen.

I do have sinus problems and/or hayfever which I manage with herbs. I really feel blessed.

4. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    Haven't gotten sick this year, knock on wood! A few years ago I had bronchitis which was terrible and lasted over a month until it was fully gone.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I get sick on a monthly basis as I have a poor immune system and my kidneys don't work properly, so I either catch whatever illness is floating about (colds, flu, etc) or my kidneys put me in bed for a week. My own fault for attempting suicide. :)

6. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I get sick probably like once every 4 years or so. But the last time I was sick was this past July. And it was really bad. I had mucas coming out my my eyes, my nose, and I was of course coughing up all kinds of stuff. I also had a fever and sore throat, and my uvula became swollen and inflamed. I had to down tablespoons of lemon juice and honey to cure that. Yeah...it was awful. But atleast I got to enjoy August.