How often do you give gifts?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Rob • Nov 11, 2012.

1. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    I'm a pretty generous person and I rather enjoy giving than receiving gifts. It's always been like that.
    I love giving gifts for my friends but it's fine to receive something too, at least they care about you. :eek:
    I'm not very rich so they're usually something rather inexpensive like a free meal at the local food place or tickets to a game etc.

How often do you give gifts and do you usually spend a lot in them?

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I cant remember how long it has been the last time I ever gave something to someone. I rarely give gifts and I shower the people that are close to me with love instead. hahaha. Hmmm, come to think of it, I guess the last time I gave a gift was when I attended my ex-girlfriend's debut.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I give gifts all the time and they are all good gifts that someone can use. If I don't know what to buy them, I will get a gift card so they can purchase whatever they want for themself. I don't believe in picking something that I now they may not like so I will give something that they can use to purchase at any store they choose to. So I feel that is the best way to do it if you don't know what that person may want and or need.

4. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Over the past two years, I have cut back on what I give friends and family on birthdays and Christmas. Only because everyone in my family, besides my kids, are older and buy their own stuff, making them hard to shop for. What I have started doing is buying gift cards and giving them to anyone I meet who looks like they need a little pick me up. I love it.

5. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I usually just give gifts during birthdays and Christmas. Occasionally I will randomly see something that I know someone will like. If my budget allows it, I will then purchase that gift and give it to that person as soon as possible.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had to cut back on the amount of gifts I give, I don't give expensive gifts on Christmas because it is not about the gift is about the birth of Jesus. I give what the person can use, that is within my budget. The kids are too old for toys so that means mostly games for the different systems they have and gift cards. I go to the second hand store to find special gifts that can be cleaned up and made special.

7. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I usually give gifts just around Christmas or for birthdays. I have a lot of friends and family that exchange gifts with me so the list of things to buy gets pretty long. Once in a while I will treat one of my friends or family members to a lunch or a ice cream or something like that. I wish I could do it more, but I just can't afford it. I enjoy giving gifts more than receiving. I know it is the thought that counts, so when I can I try to make my own homemade gifts.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I usually stick with major holidays like Christmas and birthdays. Then Mother's Day and Father's Day for my parents as well. Otherwise, I'll occasionally do random gifts but they'll be small and inexpensive.

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Like everyone else has said, I usually give gifts for Christmas and birthdays. I tend to spend the most money on gifts for my kids, even though they are older now. I have really cut back on spending on gifts for co-workers and only send cards to far away friends.

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I do also, it makes me feel good to give and I don't know about anyone else but to give is like a happiness in your heart and I don't think I will ever stop. If I see someone that needs something and they mention it and if I have the money and or time I will buy it or do whatever is necessay to get that for them and no questions ask. I give for everything and and I think nothing of it.