How Often Do You Go Grocery Shopping?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Adeal4u • May 18, 2012.

1. jonateen

jonateenNew Member

Threads:
    I go to Wal-mart everyday. They see me so much I should get a job there, I usually just get my daily foods from there. I am a very stategic shopper and when I'm short on funds I don't shop with a shopping cart, because a person is likely to buy more than they need. I do get tired of seeing the same people that work there everyday, they're probably saying "There's that guy again".

2. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    I go out for grocery shopping once in a month. This helps me in keeping my house-budget in control. I make a list & I buy things that will last for a month. Yes! I do keep a buffer for in between purchase as there are products that I can store for long. Like fruits, vegetables , eggs, bread etc.

3. dvharris

dvharrisMember

Threads:
    My family and I normally visit the grocery store once a week. We are a family of four and our youngest is one year old. We normally spend around 100.00-110.00. Recently, my oldest child started school and he's had some sort of hunger spurt which has changed things a bit for our grocery shopping. In the last 2 weeks, I've found myself visiting the grocery store 2 times a week. I guess I will be having to adjust our weekly budget to avoid 2nd trips.

4. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I usually do my major grocery shopping twice a month. I always eat the same stuff so I don't really need to take a list with me when I go to the store. I like to eat a lot of fresh produce so I will usually go to the store for fruit and vegetables more often.

5. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I do major grocery shopping twice a month. Occasionally, I might pick up fresh vegetables and fruits every week.

6. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I go about twice a week. We are a family of 3 so if I got more organized, I could probably go less. It just seems like we run out of something like bread or milk even if I get an extra. Either that or I forget some ingredient I need for a recipe. I do most of my shopping 2 times a month though.

7. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    I typically try to go grocery shopping at least once every two weeks because me and my fiancee love food. We used to eat out alot and it was taking a toll on us financially. The solution we came up with was we would put aside a percentage of our paychecks for groceries, that way it will feel like we are contributing equally. After we put the money aside we see how much we have in dollars and go from there. We don't try to go over 150-200$ and that should normally be enough for two people with no children.

8. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    I usually go to the supermarket every day because I like to plan my meals based upon what sounds good at the time. I also just enjoy grocery shopping. I enjoy cooking, and I enjoy learning, so what better place to go and browse around and learn about food than the supermarket? I have two local supermarkets that I frequent - one for produce, and the other for everything else, and luckily, they are only about 1/4 of a mile apart. I'm also not shy about chatting people up in the supermarket about what they are shopping for or offering friendly suggestions - you would be surprised what you can learn from random conversations.

9. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I am the only one in my household that I shop for. I therefore shop for groceries every two weeks or so. This usually lasts until the next time to order.

10. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I'm another one of those people who walks to the grocery store, so I pick up groceries about twice a week. I find walking not only gives me some exercise, but it also keeps me from buying soda, which I would otherwise load up on. :cool:

11. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I do the same. I live with my boyfriend and we go grocery shopping twice a month. This is the time when we stock up on what we usually get, look for deals, go down every single aisle...

Sometimes, I will go to the market (which is close to my apartment) to pick up fresh produce or some ingredients for a dinner that I want to cook (when I don't have it all on hand).

12. Drainbamaged

DrainbamagedNew Member

Threads:
    Our family typically goes to the grocery store every week and a half or so, with maybe two or so smaller visits in between for specific things like a dinner ingredient. It's not that with only four people; it's less money to spend on food and such.

13. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I go grocery shopping once a week and that is strange because now that I have a car to get my groceries home, I only do it once a week or every two weeks. I try to get everything that I am going to need on my one day out and then I won't need anything else until maybe the next week or two and then it's minor items. So I am pretty good at what I need or what I am going to cook.

14. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I go grocery shopping about twice a week. This is because we buy lots of fresh produce, and if I purchase too much at one time, some of the food will spoil. We have a pretty set shopping schedule and it works for us.

15. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't eat a lot, so I go grocery shopping once or twice a week. I tend to buy only the food I like. I also try not to buy too much because I hate throwing grocery products away when no one actually eats it.

16. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We go shopping quite often and ted to avoid doing one big shop. The good thing about shopping throughout the week is that you can take advantage of the special offers during the week and you can shop for what you feel like eating on that particular day.

17. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    I try and go shopping once every week or two. Occasionally I will forget something and have to go back more often. For some reason, every time I go to the grocery store, I end up spending more than I want to. Since that keeps happening, I limit my grocery shopping days.

18. NadineTorres0910

NadineTorres0910New Member

Threads:
    When I am with some friends we use to go everyday because we are food addicts, eat all the time. But when I am alone it depends on my stacking, once a week is enough for me.

19. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I lived in a larger town and we had a Kroger store, I used to go shopping every couple of days, because Kroger is always putting stuff on sale to clear it out if it has an expiration date, like milk, cheese, bread, and such. They always mark down their fresh fruit and veggies before they can go bad, too, so I always checked to see what they had on sale.

Now, I live near a small town, and they don't have a Krogers, and the little store where I usually shop doesn't often mark things down like Kroger did. So I usually shop once or twice a month now. I eat a lot of fresh veggies and salad,and they don't keep long, so I have to replenish those more often.

20. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely try to go only once a week, trying to go only week and half, so i learn to control myself when it comes to shopping and buying unnecessary things.