How often do you go out to eat?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by xcmiller93x • May 8, 2012.

1. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    In the interest of saving money, I rarely ever eat out. Maybe once or twice a month on my own money. Thankfully, I have a lot of cool and more financially capable friends so they often treat me to a night out whenever they miss my company and when I'm running low on cash.

2. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    Going out to eat is a good bonding activity, but for some others, they prefer to cook their own food and eat at home. There's nothing wrong with both, except that sometimes you would have to spend a little more money eating out.For myself, I prefer to eat at home because I do not like the oily or unhygienic food that are served along the streets.

3. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I don't eat out very often. I was amazed at how much money I spent eating out 4-5 times per week. Now I only go out to eat about once a week. I've been trying to cook at home. Even the meals that look healthy at restaurants are filled with sugars, fat and sodium. To be honest, I want to avoid eating out at all. I only eat at Subway because it's cheaper to buy their sandwiches than it would be to make a replica.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It's a combination, when my family dines out or orders out or hits up the nearest fastfood place it's becaues we want to take the easy way out while still getting some good to eat and having a nice time together.

5. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    Probably a little too often to be honest. I usually cook stuff myself but there are those days when I get home and don't feel like dealing with cooking and cleaning up afterwards so I go out. I could probably save a couple hundred a month if I were to cut back easily.

6. Ziggybrah

ZiggybrahNew Member

Threads:
    Rarely it usually for my older relatives birthdays or underage spouses celebration of some sort. I stopped the fast food as well since Im in university. I prefer using my parents cooking for the time being.

7. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    We have had many bad experiences over the past year, except for a couple of places. We usually have our places to go to at certain times of the year.

For example, when we go to the opera in autumn, we head over to Bloor Street Diner on Sundays for its exquisite brunch, which consists of everything possible (it's divine!) On our birthdays, we go to Sushi Gen, which has all you can sushi. Of course, we have our Tim Hortons at Bay and Bloor where we go to just "hang out," but that's only for coffee or iced capps.

So in total, I'd say at most 10 times in one year. We generally hate spending money on dinner outdoors because it costs too much, the food is mediocre and the dreaded tip!

8. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    We average about once a month. We only go out for birthdays and special occasions. Since I have 8 kids and there are 2 adults that makes ten times at least a year. You add in mothers and fathers day and occasionaly what the hell day . I say at least once a month. Occasionaly I do sneak out and go to the chinese buffett. I love their sushi. lol But its cheap for lunch and I order water to save money.

9. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    I used to eat out every week, but now that times have gotten tough, I rarely eat out anymore unless it's a special occasion. Even then, I have to be careful with how much I spend. Otherwise I'm going to have a very bad day if I spend more than I planned.

10. PurpleWasabi

PurpleWasabiNew Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever go out to eat. If anything, I probably eat out only once a month to catch up with friends. A big hobby of mine is cooking, so I enjoy fixing up meals for my family and I. There's so much food you can make in your own kitchen that you can't easily find when dining out. Next time you're contemplating between dining out and eating at home, look up a simple recipe online and try it out!