How often do you go see a movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • May 8, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    How often do you go to the theaters? With it being so expensive I only go about once every 6-9 months.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Same here, about twice or three times a year. Unless I find something that's really worth watching at the movies (because of special effects and stuff), I rather watch it at home.

3. Zamora91

Zamora91Member

Threads:
    I usually go a couple times every month. Girlfriends are expensive.

4. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    I don't really go to movies nowadays as I think that most movies coming out recently aren't really worth my time. I'll go again when Hollywood fixes up.

5. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely see movies in a theater. The only time I spring for the expense is when I take my kids to see a movie they're looking forward to seeing. But if it's a movie I'm interested in seeing, I'll wait until it's available on DVD or online. My husband hates to go to movie theaters, so I can't even persuade him to go anyway. I used to manage a movie theater several years ago and saw movies all the time, but that was when I was single and it was free!

6. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to a movie house for years. I think the last time I went it was in Bangkok. Nowadays, I just watch movies on my computer. Used to buy the dvds but it's easier to download them now. With my connection speed I can download a dvd in less than 15 minutes.

7. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the upcoming movies. If the movie is something I've been looking forward to, I'll watch it. If it's not so much something I like, I'll just wait for the DVD.

So usually, it's been around once a month. It's going to change this May, though. So many good movies coming up. Just watched The Avengers, gonna watch The Cabin In the Woods this week. I'm also waiting for MIB 3.

8. fallace

fallaceNew Member

Threads:
    I probably go every 3 months or so, and it's always with a girl haha, don't ever have a reason to go otherwise! It's pricey, and generally not worth it.

9. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go all of the time. Now I that I work, I never get a chance to go anywhere! I'm stuck in CS hell. I swear.

10. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I haven't been to see a movie in years. It's just too expensive. If it's something I really want to see, I wait and buy the DVD, then I'll watch it and pass it around my family and friends. They all do the same thing, and when we've finished with the film, we'll sell it at a car boot sale. If it was cheaper to see a movie in the cinema, I'd go, but it's not in my price range.

11. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I used to go at least once a week. Nowadays it is so much more expensive and the movies are not as good. Maybe YouTube has spoiled me. I just do not have the patience for the movies anymore. I do still love the experience though, so now I go about once every other month. Or if there is something that I really want to watch.

12. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Once a month-ish or whenever we want to see something that looks good! But before, I go every friday, I am a movie Fanatic, and i just love the movies. Going to the movie theater is like my drug, I can't stop using it.

13. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say that with the rising costs of theaters we really only go once per year. It's also difficult to find someone willing to watch three children...one with ADHD. My daughters' dance studio is doing a Mother's Night Out this Saturday though, so we're going to watch The Avengers at the theater. I'm so excited!

14. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    We go every weekend. Now that they provide a coupon for free popcorn its not as bad as it used to be. We still pack a few of our own snacks too. We sometimes stay there all day, and just go from movie to movie.

15. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I go maybe once a year, if that. I'll occasionally do it as a treat or in the last couple years, I've gotten a gift card to the theater because people know I don't like spending the money on it, lol. It's nice to see a film on the big screen, but I'd just as much enjoy doing something else for a fraction of the cost.

16. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    We used to go several times a year. But it has been at least two years since I have been. It is just too expensive. I usually wait for the DVD or watch it on Netflix later.

17. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely ever see a move in theaters unless it's really good and recommended by almost everyone I know. That means I only go 2 or 3 times a year. I was never taken to movie theaters growing up so I'm not used to just buying a ticket for every new movie like some people I know. Though I do want to watch Avengers in theaters which marks the first movie in theaters I will see in 2012!

18. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    It is really random for me. It depends on the movies showing in the cinemas. If in one month there are two or more quality movies that I am really interested with then I will go and watch all those movies in a month. If in 5 months there are no movies that catches my attention then I would not watch any throughout that whole 5 months and sometimes even longer than that.

19. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    Me and my husband rarely go to the movies. We go just a few times a year. Now if it is a movie or sequel that we are looking forward too then we will go. Otherwise we will just wait for the movie to come out to rent or buy.

20. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to the movies for four years. I feel that it's such as huge waste of money. I would rather spend $8 on food, body products or something useful. Bowling is just as fun and costs like 1/4 of the cost of the movies.