How often do you go see a movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • May 8, 2012.

1. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I don't go to theatres to watch movies very often, maybe just 3-5 times in a year and sometimes less. I prefer buying or renting a DVD and watching it at home or with friends. Its so much more fun this way. You can do your own thing, bring your own snacks or popcorn and have your own fun.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe twice a year, and I try and stick to the smaller theaters that specialize in indie films - since they don't seem to attract as much of the younger crowd. If I'm going to spend that much on a movie, I'm not putting up with noisy people.

3. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    I go a couple times a month.. Last one I saw was Bridesmaids, which was hilarious.

4. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I never really liked going to movie theaters. Watching a movie with a bunch of people I don't know doesn't really appeal to me. I'd rather wait for the DVD and watch it at home. I think in my 28 years of existence, I only went 5-6 times in a movie theater.

5. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    I go way more often like every month I love going to the movies it is just fun and it gives me pleasure. People under estimate the importance of movies in the modern society it is important to go often to know whats going on in the world.

6. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go to the movies religiously every week, sometimes twice a week. But back then the movie prices were somewhat reasonable, as were the gas prices. These days with movie tickets costing upwards of $12 an adult if you go after the matinee show, for a family of 4, that's almost $50!!! Ridiculous! Even if you do go to the matinee, around here that is still about $7 a ticket. Counting the food we sneak in to save a little more money, it's still around $40 for a family of four. I'd much rather wait until it comes out on Netflix. So, I'd say I probably go the movies only if it's something I've been waiting a year to see (like one of the Twilight movies) about 3 to 4 times a year these days.

7. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    The expense is the reason my wife and I do not go at all. The last time we went to the movie theater was a few years ago when the new Indiana Jones movie came out. We absolutely loved it, but that was a splurge for our budget. We spend less money just having cable TV and ordering a movie if we want to.

8. Nethervor

NethervorNew Member

Threads:
    Not nearly as often as I'd like to. I absolutely enjoy watching movies in theaters. The reasons I don't go as often are the same as many of you already stated. It's expensive, I rarely have time to do it anymore, even if I was willing to spare the money for it. In the past, I'd do it at least twice a month, now it's twice a year.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been about a year for me the last time i went was when Breaking dawn saga part one came out

10. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    I haven't been to a theater in nearly 3 years. It's not so much because I don't enjoy it or that it is too expensive for me, but because I live in Ukraine. I simply HATE watching dubbed movies. Especially ones with some generic can't-act-to-save-your-day-job voice.

11. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    My husband and I rarely go out to watch a movie. Sometimes he asks me out but I'm not on the right mood. The last time we went, my husband promptly just dozed off. I did ask him to make some time for us to go watch the Resident Evil Retribution. But unfortunately, we just never had the chance.

12. annagoryun

annagoryunMember

Threads:
    I work for about all of my time, so probably once a year is a lucky guess. In terms of my job though, I am kicking ass:)

13. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I remember when going to the movies was affordable. Not any more. That is one of the reasons why I have not gone to the movies since the new Indiana Jones movie came out in 2008. The other reason is that I am not interested in most of the other new movies that come out today.

14. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    We only go out to see a movie at the theatre about once a year. They are just so expensive. When we do see a movie, it is usually just my husband and I. It is too expensive to bring the kids. We figure we can save the $50 and wait until it comes out on DVD. The popcorn, soda and candy is even expensive at the theatre. We usually just sneak a can of soda and some candy in my purse. It is a way to save a little bit of money at least.

15. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I will usually go to the movies about twice a year, and I also think that going to the movies can be too expensive. Especially, if you have a girlfriend. And one thing that I don't like about movie theaters is that the food cost too much money like $9.

16. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I don't really mind the price as long as the movie is good. If the movie is worth it then I go see it. So what I do is I wait first for the reviews to come out before I see the movie myself. If the movie has bad reviews I just go wait and rent the movie and watch it at home. :)

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to watch movies in a cinema anymore, I mostly just watch them online, rent them, or I buy the DVD version if it's on sale. I think that watching movies today is quite costly and a bit of a hassle. You also spare yourself the noise of the people who happen to watch the same movie as you if you just watch movies at home.

18. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Very rarely. Sometimes not even once per year.. I don't really like that many movies, and the few that I do like don't even get a theatrical release here sometimes (Hi, Dredd.).

19. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to see the movies very often because it's too expensive for me. I would say I go to the cinema with my friends once every 4-5 months and we try to choose worth seeing and unique films. Buying or renting a DVD/BlueRay is just more economic these days and for the same price many people can watch the particular film.

20. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the movies very often, maybe one every 18 to 24 months. I used to love going to the movies, but they just don't seem to interest me anymore. I can find more compelling and original drama on cable television.